USMLE Embryo/Physio/Histo Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qester

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

The beast is quiet far away for me, I am still finishing up my basic sciences and will most likely write the Step in June. That being said I'm getting close to finishing my first Qbank and am happy with my prediction so far and wrote a Full length 'simulated' and was happy with my score, that being said the Qbank has revealed 3 glaring weaknesses in my knowledge

Embryo, Physio, Histo

So the question is what are the best resources to learn these three subjects well? I want to turn these weaknesses into strengths before my dedicated..
Do i just spend a ton of time rocking Najeeb? Or go with BRS/HY?? Any insight would be great

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

The beast is quiet far away for me, I am still finishing up my basic sciences and will most likely write the Step in June. That being said I'm getting close to finishing my first Qbank and am happy with my prediction so far and wrote a Full length 'simulated' and was happy with my score, that being said the Qbank has revealed 3 glaring weaknesses in my knowledge

Embryo, Physio, Histo

So the question is what are the best resources to learn these three subjects well? I want to turn these weaknesses into strengths before my dedicated..
Do i just spend a ton of time rocking Najeeb? Or go with BRS/HY?? Any insight would be great

Embryo: QBank questions and FA are sufficient. HY Embryo is too overkill.

Physio: QBank questions. Some people like BRS Physio; I think this text is overkill as well, but it's good if you're an MS1 or an early-MS2; if you're within 4ish months of your exam, focus just on questions and FA.

Histo: just QBank questions and the select images in FA (which are really HY). Histo factors in with path.

Reactions: 1 user

Physio: QBank questions. Some people like BRS Physio; I think this text is overkill as well, but it's good if you're an MS1 or an early-MS2; if you're within 4ish months of your exam, focus just on questions and FA.

Histo: just QBank questions and the select images in FA (which are really HY). Histo factors in with path.

Good to hear. I have Costanzo physio but I think I've opened it maybe once so far in MS2. I feel like taking time to re-read a physio text would be a very unproductive use of time.

Thanks Phloston,

Right now on my Qbank those are the sections I'm under average in, so just trying to pull up my weaknesses before I start actual studying

Members don't see this ad :)
can somebody please give some more advice about Physio?! UWorld is just surprising me with every new question! I'm like: mmm, wow! nice question! another new concept... good to know it; but the issue is if I didn't know these concepts before reading the UW explanations it means I haven't absorb them well, and I really need to escape from weak zone in this topic... I have 2 more months, and I was thinking about BRS but honestly, I just gave up after going through half of just a chapter. I appreciate any kind of suggestion. tnx

Seems everyone is so busy these days! I just wanted to mention for others who are struggling with physio (BRS) that I found this method useful: first scan quickly through a chapter and read titles and bolded words, then do the questions at the end of that chapter. just go back to sections that you were uncomfortable during the quiz. It's the fastest way I could think of, and It's working for me now! wish I knew this book earlier! Good luck everyone...

Try Boards and Beyond. It really helped me with physio last year before my step.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user