Emergency Medicine Residency near Army Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmpacherDO

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone know of any Emergency Medicine Residency programs that accept DOs located near one of the US Army hospitals. I am a civilian will be moving near an Army base in the upcoming year and would like to do a residency in EM near one. I am currently a third year med student, so I could spend 4th year doing rotations there...

So far we are looking at Ft. Hood in TX, Walter Reed near DC, Ft Bragg in NC, and Ft Benning in Ga.

Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Check the SAEM website (www.saem.org) for the list of programs.
--DC has several residencies
--Ft Bragg would be nearest to ECU, Duke, or UNC (near being relative)
--Ft. Benning would be nearest Emory and UAB (again...near being a several hour drive)

One you didn't mention is Ft. Jackson which is mere miles from Palmetto Richland in Columbia, SC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! I will check it out

EMRaiden said:
Check the SAEM website (www.saem.org) for the list of programs.
--DC has several residencies
--Ft Bragg would be nearest to ECU, Duke, or UNC (near being relative)
--Ft. Benning would be nearest Emory and UAB (again...near being a several hour drive)

One you didn't mention is Ft. Jackson which is mere miles from Palmetto Richland in Columbia, SC.

Yeah, Ft. Bragg is ~100 miles from Duke.

Good catch on Ft. Jackson, though. I love Columbia.

Ft. Stewart is in/near Augusta, GA. MCG (in Augusta) has am EM program....not sure if they take lots of DO's