Emory 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was wondering when those would go out. nope, haven't heard anything. :(

check your opus. i didn't get an e-mail or anything, but i got 10K in addition to my earlier fin aid package. :thumbup: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

well I guess it's time to withdraw. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
check your opus. i didn't get an e-mail or anything, but i got 10K in addition to my earlier fin aid package. :thumbup: :luck:

Was it under finances like the rest of the package, or did you see it somewhere else in OPUS? thanks...

Hey guys,

Mike Behler from the med school financial aid department told me that the purely merit based scholarships should go out today. Anybody hear anything?

I got a phone call on Friday (I had just put some cupcakes in the oven when he called at 5:15 - caller got a kick out of me telling him). He said letters would be received mid to later this week, and were mailed out Friday night. It wasn't enough and so I will probably be withdrawing in the next 2 days, which means a half-ride will be up for grabs.

I got a phone call on Friday (I had just put some cupcakes in the oven when he called at 5:15 - caller got a kick out of me telling him). He said letters would be received mid to later this week, and were mailed out Friday night. It wasn't enough and so I will probably be withdrawing in the next 2 days, which means a half-ride will be up for grabs.

Was this posted in your OPUS fin aid package as well? Did they call you to inform you you got a 1/2 ride?

My 10K showed up a few days ago in OPUS where the rest of my fin aid was.

Hi all, I'm definitely going to Emory and I thought I'd liven up this thread a bit with people who have decided to go. Those of you who are on the fence, I just spent the weekend in Atlanta and it is amazing. The new building looks incredible and the Schwartz/Eley/Black triumvirate certainly can't be beat as far as enthusiasm, student support, and general fun-ness is concerned.

If you are going to Emory, PM me an introduction or let me know where you're thinking about living. I'm excited to meet you all.

I just withdrew. Good luck to waitlisters!

Hi all, I'm definitely going to Emory and I thought I'd liven up this thread a bit with people who have decided to go. Those of you who are on the fence, I just spent the weekend in Atlanta and it is amazing. The new building looks incredible and the Schwartz/Eley/Black triumvirate certainly can't be beat as far as enthusiasm, student support, and general fun-ness is concerned.

If you are going to Emory, PM me an introduction or let me know where you're thinking about living. I'm excited to meet you all.

Hi! I'll be excited to meet you too! I haven't totally made up my mind yet, but I am leaning towards Emory. As for living stuff, haven't decided as I'm out of state and haven't the foggiest about the layout of Atlanta. But that's what housing weekend is for, ne c'est pas? :D

Hi! I'll be excited to meet you too! I haven't totally made up my mind yet, but I am leaning towards Emory. As for living stuff, haven't decided as I'm out of state and haven't the foggiest about the layout of Atlanta. But that's what housing weekend is for, ne c'est pas? :D
Uhhh, it's getting to be that time.... May 15 is two business days away.

Uhhh, it's getting to be that time.... May 15 is two business days away.

I am currently only holding the Emory acceptance, having faxed withdrawal letters to several schools. However, I'm still in limbo at another school, and have to decide whether to pursue or to withdraw from a waitlist at a school that I liked. So, leaning, but not 100% absolutely certain.

I am currently only holding the Emory acceptance, having faxed withdrawal letters to several schools. However, I'm still in limbo at another school, and have to decide whether to pursue or to withdraw from a waitlist at a school that I liked. So, leaning, but not 100% absolutely certain.
Where else are you on the waitlist?

it's past may 15, who's still in the emory boat? i'm almost positive that's where i'll be :D ;)

Hey Chester...I'm 99% sure I'm heading to Atlanta. You going to the housing weekend?
I saw you over on the Duke thread too (I haven't posted there)...I didn't hear anything May 16th and I'm almost ready to say I'm going to Emory even if I got off the WL at Duke. Emory is exciting me more and more these days. Plus, looking at the schedule Erica emailed us, it looks like we'd get just over 2 weeks for winter break. Not bad.

i am going to the housing weekend. you? the whole schedule seems pretty sweet to me. i think would go to duke if i got off the waitlist.. but for now i'm moving forward. if i end up losing an apt deposit in atl, so be it.

Hey everybody -- I'm a new member, but have been reading SDN occasionally once I applied...I'm definitely going to Emory and I'm really excited about it. I'll also be at housing weekend...who else is going to be there? I heard Clairmont is not going to be available after may of next year for grad students, which sucks, cause I was thinking about living there but dont want to have to deal with moving and finding a new place right in the middle of the semester...

hmm, we're one of the few schools without a 2011 facebook group...

Hmm...I'm facebook-inept, but if someone else makes the group I'll join. And I'll definitely be at housing weekend--it sounds like it'll be a good time.