• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Johnisit1234
does emory have a second look weekend?

Did you not realize it was over-rated on the first look. Only go to Emory if you are from Ga or it is the only school you get in to. I would go to MCG before Emory.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Johnisit1234
does emory have a second look weekend?

I believe they do, but I'm not sure why I got that impression. You can email Erica Black about this (Her Business card's in the packet you get during interview day). She's really personal and nice in her email responses.

About the Ads

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by CalBeE
I believe they do, but I'm not sure why I got that impression. You can email Erica Black about this (Her Business card's in the packet you get during interview day). She's really personal and nice in her email responses.

Yeah she's really nice :love:

taehong81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
According to my knowledge, there is no second look weekend at Emory. I think that's what Erica Black said during the interview.

Taleof50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2004
Status (Visible)
i don't think emory has a second look. they have a housing info weekend sometime in june, i think, for those that are matriculating to look at apartments in the area and to meet possible roommates.:rolleyes:

LFosterMD07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2003
Shreveport,LA
Status (Visible)
Actually Emory has a 2nd look week but it was sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs ,which is ran by Dr. Bob Lee, and it ran from Wednesday evening to Sunday morning. We were all minorities so I don't know if they have one that is for non-minorities. I did it last year and I was very impressed with the school. All expenses were paid including air fare, meals, lodging and transportation around the city. I almost went to Emory but my state school offered me more money. I still regret that I didn't go because I love Emory and I will probably do my residency there. The people are very nice and Emory has some of the best facilities in the country. Emory has plenty of money and from what I saw it seems that Emory puts it to good use. I don't think Emory is overrated. It is one of the best medical schools in the nation and it deserves every compliment it gets!

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by LFosterMD07
Actually Emory has a 2nd look week but it was sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs ,which is ran by Dr. Bob Lee, and it ran from Wednesday evening to Sunday morning. We were all minorities so I don't know if they have one that is for non-minorities. I did it last year and I was very impressed with the school. All expenses were paid including air fare, meals, lodging and transportation around the city. I almost went to Emory but my state school offered me more money. I still regret that I didn't go because I love Emory and I will probably do my residency there. The people are very nice and Emory has some of the best facilities in the country. Emory has plenty of money and from what I saw it seems that Emory puts it to good use. I don't think Emory is overrated. It is one of the best medical schools in the nation and it deserves every compliment it gets!

I agree. Emory and Vanderbilt are more well known in the South than in the West Coast and Northeast, so they get relatively less attention.

joker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
just curious...i interviewed at emory back in october...and have not heard anything from them since. does this mean my chances of admission are gone? or do they give out most of their acceptances in this last admissions cycle (march 8th)?? i heard that this last one is where they admit the most people...anyone know for sure? thanks!

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by joker
just curious...i interviewed at emory back in october...and have not heard anything from them since. does this mean my chances of admission are gone? or do they give out most of their acceptances in this last admissions cycle (march 8th)?? i heard that this last one is where they admit the most people...anyone know for sure? thanks!

I'm in the same boat, but I'm chalking it up as a waitlist/rejection...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.