Emory Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jchen707

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else accepted to Emory and planning on going? I saw a thread on here for USC acceptances so decided to start one for Emory. This is mostly intended as a way to network and what not between students that are accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

I still have an interview at UCSF, but I am pretty sure I am going to choose Emory regardless of what happens... Hoping trusting my gut on this one will work out. Are you definitely going to Emory? I think I remember you from interview day based on your stats. I was the only one there from California... don't know if you remember me. Anyway, congrats and let me know what you decide! : )

I have an interview at MGH still that i'm debating on whether i'm gonna go bc I really liked emory and will more than likely end up there.

Yea I think I remember you from the interview day. good luck with your UCSF interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted to Emory and I am planning on attending! I am confused how to pay the deposit on the OPUS network.. do they have to give you a network ID first? Have you paid the deposit? I think I remember both of you from the interview. I was the one from Florida. I had another interview on January 9th but I withdrew my application because I am pretty sure I want Emory.

I tried to obtain my network ID on OPUS too and it did not work. I emailed Monica about it, but I still haven't heard back. Glad I am not the only one with this problem! I know they are starting their spring semester this Monday so I am sure we will get a response in time. Anyone who knows how to do this please post!! : )

I tried to obtain my network ID on OPUS too and it did not work. I emailed Monica about it, but I still haven't heard back. Glad I am not the only one with this problem! I know they are starting their spring semester this Monday so I am sure we will get a response in time. Anyone who knows how to do this please post!! : )

Hey, so I called them and they were able to give me my ID and password. They didn't send it in the email. I would call them (I spoke to someone called Kathy.....I htink? last week when monica was out of the office) or wait for a response on Monday, but the deposit is due on Wed. I paid my deposit yesterday.

Is it true that Emory requires casual business attire in classes and labs?

Kevin

I'm pretty sure this is true. They want you to look professional and what not since a lot of the classes are taken in the rehab hospital I believe. But during the first summer, one of hte students said that it only was required like 4 times due to the fact that they had anatomy and lab on the same day so you just wore scrubs. I don't think it is everyday bc i think it depends on the classes you're taking, but I do believe that there is some kind of dress code. which isn't that big of a deal to me

Is it true that Emory requires casual business attire in classes and labs?

Kevin

I have a friend at Emory right now and she said that business casual is required for classes albeit there are students that do not follow this. 5% of your grade is professionalism and following the dress code is probably part of that 5%. However, during anatomy lab you wear scrubs, for basic measurement you wear athletic gear or something comfortable to practice with fellow students, Wednesdays you can pay $1 and wear jeans and that money is collected for a charity. Also, when they say business casual it really is quite casual. khakis, polos, slacks with a blouse are all acceptable. You will not be showing up to school every day in a suit. I was surprised by this at first, but after my friend explained it to me it does make a lot of sense. We are entering into our professional careers and we should be putting our best foot forward in regard to our peers and professors... plus it is a little difficult to take someone seriously in sweat pants. Hope that clears it up a bit! :)

Thanks NiCal. BTW did you get your issue with OPUS sorted out?

Thanks NiCal. BTW did you get your issue with OPUS sorted out?

No, so frustrating!! I called yesterday and spoke to Monica. She said that she would figure it out with IT and then email me... she said she couldn't give me my network ID over the phone... but isn't that how you got it? :confused:

I had the same problem and spoke to Monica yesterday and she also told me the same thing. You need to call the Emory help desk, 404-727-7777 and press number 2. They will give you your id and help you. They are open until 4pm.I called today and they helped me in 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

NiCal, Yea I got my id and password over the phone (ID from the woman who was in the office that day and the password was from IT). Are you both of you set on attending Emory?

Members don't see this ad :)
NiCal, Yea I got my id and password over the phone (ID from the woman who was in the office that day and the password was from IT). Are you both of you set on attending Emory?

HOWWW do you work your magic?? lol I have called everyone there, Monica probably thinks I am stalking her now. I guess they are still figuring out my profile? I don't even know what that means, but she says that I will not lose my spot and I can pay as soon as they figure it out... hopefully today. Im almost positive I am going to end up at Emory. I have one more interview in California that I am checking out pretty much just because it is in California. However, I think I will probably choose Emory anyway.... however scary I think it will be moving to the South.... lol

Just call the help number on the OPUS website they have your network ID!

it took a few phone calls, but I finally got the right person. Thanks guys!

Hello,

I'm just heading into Atlanta for my interview, I wanted to know if there are any quick tips on how to handle a group interview. I have never had just an experience before.

NiCal - That's great that you got it all fixed!

Sultan - The group interview isn't bad. You take turns answering first, second, third. and for us there were about 7 questions, pretty standard like why PT, why Emory. The profs interviewing were very friendly. But treat it the way you would any other interview

The interview went awesome. I ended up getting into the program as well. I feel like a large amount of stress has been lifted off my shoulders. Now there is a whole other stress is starting to settle in.

Hey all,

I am planning on going to Emory University this upcoming summer, I was curious if anyone else is starting to look for places to stay, possible roommates. I found one place with sounds like a solid deal which is really close to campus and affordable if one or two others want to room up.

I looked up padmapper, and found this:

http://www.padmapper.com/show.php?type=0&id=99440839&src=main

About Me (briefly):
I'm a Muslim male. I'm also a slight meat head. I am clean person, but not to OCD level. I am a casual video gamer (XBOX RULES), but still fairly quiet. I can be a heavy sleeper sometimes, so noise is not much of a factor.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we are supposed to get more info from Emory? Like financial aid.

Hey guys,

My name is Noah Tucker and I'm heading down to Emory for their DPT program starting this June. I was hoping they would have already set up a facebook page by now so that we could get to meet some of the students we are going to be working with, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon this page.

I wanted to see if anyone was looking for a roommate/roommates for the upcoming school year. I'm heading down to Atlanta in March to look at places to live. I haven been offered a great deal for a 2 bedroom place in the Park Summit apartment complex for $850/month ($425/each person) and it is really close to campus. I wouldn't mind living with a 3rd person though, so let me know if any of you are looking for a roommate!

As for the financial aid information, there is a number to call in one of the packets we were giving during our interview day to talk with the head of financial aid for the school of medicine...his name is Mike Bhueler (sp??) and he's great to talk to and very helpful

Hey,

I'm also looking for a roommate, and looking to figure out some sort of living situation. I'm coming down from Boston and probably won't be able to head down to ATL until late May. That apt is definitely a great deal btw.

I did talk to Mike about financial aid and he said that DPT students aren't looked at for financial aid until late March/early April because they look at undergrad and med students before us.

I've seen other threads from previous years and it seems like some of the students in the year above would make a fb group for the incoming class sometime when they have a class list in March.

James

I'm only heading down in March to look at places and possibly sign a lease that would start June 1st. do you have a facebook or a better way to get in touch with you?

it asks for a long distance code? how do you get this when calling

Hey guys! I am also going to start at Emory in the summer and was wondering if anyone had started a FB page? I haven't found out who all is even going but I also was wanting to find one or two girls who would want to live together. The students I talked to said a lot of people live in post briarcliff but I am up for anything fairly close! anyways let me know!

You can find me on FB: Shannon Kimbrel-Ohio State University network

can't wait to meet everyone!!

also how do you get a hold of the IT office to get your access code? when I called it said I needed a long distance code?

I called the help desk on the OPUS website and they helped me get my access code. Hope this helps.

Thanks I will try that tomorrow! Maybe I just called the wrong number

Hey

My name is Sultan Budhwani. I was looking for a roommate as well earlier. That one place I managed to find has a 3 bdrm 2 bath for 425 a person. I do have facebook. Just search for Sultan Budhwani from Des Plaines, IL. Also, I usually prefer email for faster response: [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

My name is Steph and I'll be starting at Emory in June as well! Shannon, I saw that you're also looking for girls to live with, and I've looked into Post Briarcliff as well - it looks really nice! Feel free to look me up on facebook too: Steph Lievense, Florida State University nework.

Congrats to all of you for getting accepted, and I'm so excited to meet you!

Hey everyone,

My name is Eric Fiedler and I'll also be at the program this summer! I'm really psyched to meet everyone. Was it determined whether a facebook had been started yet? If not we definitely should form one (you can find me on fb pretty easily: Eric Fiedler : Johns Hopkins network)Where is everyone looking at apartments right now? I've been in contact with Campus Crossing at Briarcliff and was told that this is where many of the first year students live since it is furnished and has easy access to the Cliff shuttles. I was supposed to sign the lease with my girlfriend but they messed something up and I haven't heard back yet from them. I'm definitely interested in what you guys are finding around Decatur/Druid Hills. Congrats everyone!

Eric

Hey Steph! I was looking back at my interview date and we were there together I cant find you on facebook for some reason but I have already contacted Post Briarcliff and discussed everything with them. Since I cant find you add me as a friend Shannon Kimbrel-Ohio State and we can chat about it :)

James, we literally made a facebook group at the same time! Haha I'll go ahead and delete mine :)

can you post the link to whichever is the correct one?

hi all!

just sent in my deposit to attend emory yesterday! woooohooo :) .... could someone please post a link to the facebook page that the class above us created???

thanks so much!