Emory & Henry DPT class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benjamin Pennington

Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured I would go ahead and start a thread with this years cycle of admissions for those planning to attend Emory & Henry next year. We can share any info/insight, questions, or just get to know some people. I just got accepted the other day so feel free to ask questions or just say hey!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m a current second year student there if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Hey guys, I figured I would go ahead and start a thread with this years cycle of admissions for those planning to attend Emory & Henry next year. We can share any info/insight, questions, or just get to know some people. I just got accepted the other day so feel free to ask questions or just say hey!
What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invitation. How do people get there?

Congrats! But what do you mean by “get there”?
I mean physically. I can't rent a car, I'm not 25 yet, and driving from a place where I'm now, is going to take more than a day.

I mean physically. I can't rent a car, I'm not 25 yet, and driving from a place where I'm now, is going to take more than a day.
I only live an hour away so I just drove over there but maybe you could ask if they could do it over zoom.

I’m a current second year student there if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Hello, so I am trying to check out apartments to live for next year and there’s not much info on anything. Everything says no availability and there’s no pricing or website for anything. Do you know of any good apartment places? Preferably a one bedroom?

Hello, so I am trying to check out apartments to live for next year and there’s not much info on anything. Everything says no availability and there’s no pricing or website for anything. Do you know of any good apartment places? Preferably a one bedroom?
Check out Helping you find the perfect home.
That’s who I rent through (and a majority of my classmates do too). If I remember correctly I don’t think they ask us if we’re renewing our leases until January so I know a lot of stuff will be opening up then as a lot of us are going elsewhere for clinicals (including myself lol)

Check out Helping you find the perfect home.
That’s who I rent through (and a majority of my classmates do too). If I remember correctly I don’t think they ask us if we’re renewing our leases until January so I know a lot of stuff will be opening up then as a lot of us are going elsewhere for clinicals (including myself lol)
I live in the Callan Dr apartments in one of the units that doesn’t have a porch and I pay $760 a month including $25 pet rent and $35 Wi-Fi. Water is included, utilities usually range from $25-35 (higher in the winter). I think the porch units are $100 more per month. I’m not sure the pricing for other apartments, but Callan is the newest build (I think it was finished 3 years ago).

Has anyone been accepted with the Medical Terminology pre-req still in progress? I want to submit my application, but this is the only class I still have to finish (it is a hospital-based course that will provide a completion certificate to upload).

Has anyone been accepted with the Medical Terminology pre-req still in progress? I want to submit my application, but this is the only class I still have to finish (it is a hospital-based course that will provide a completion certificate to upload).
I was accepted and haven't even planned on taking that class. They don't even offer it at my college, hopefully that won't hold me back in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a Facebook page or something to get to know your classmates before school starts?

I live in the Callan Dr apartments in one of the units that doesn’t have a porch and I pay $760 a month including $25 pet rent and $35 Wi-Fi. Water is included, utilities usually range from $25-35 (higher in the winter). I think the porch units are $100 more per month. I’m not sure the pricing for other apartments, but Callan is the newest build (I think it was finished 3 years ago).
Do you have any advice or things you wish you knew before started PT school?

Do you have any advice or things you wish you knew before started PT school?
The only thing that immediately comes to mind is that I wish I had formed better study habits in undergrad! I was always one of those kids who never had to study in high school and that kind of carried over into undergrad where I was able to still get by and do decently without putting in the work. For PT school, that won’t fly and first semester I was stuck trying to figure out the best way to study while also trying to manage a crazy course load. I’m 5 semesters in now and still find myself waiting until the last minute and end up having to spend hours cramming the night before an exam.