Emory & Henry DPT class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IjustWannaPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!! I’ve officially sent in my acceptance forms for Emory & Henry! Only have to put down my deposit now.

Just curious, who else is planning on starting at E&H Fall 2019??

I’m soooooo excited for this program!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! My interview is on Jan 12! Can you give me some insight about the interview? And any tips to prepare for it? I’m really nervous:(

Hi! My interview is on Jan 12! Can you give me some insight about the interview? And any tips to prepare for it? I’m really nervous:(

I interviewed and was accepted last month also. I was also really nervous going in but honestly it's nothing to worry about. I'll attach a few things below that I think might help you.

1. If you are able to go the night before to the info session/tour I definitely would. It was nice to get to see the school and get all my questions answered before being in the interview mindset. The students who gave our tour were really great and answered anything we asked

2. The interview will be you with two interviewers. Tracie will let you know who these people are a few minutes before your interview and give you a little background so that you aren't going in blind. There were also current students hanging around that gave us advice on our actual interviewers before hand.

3. The actual interview was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation. I definitely felt like they were interested in me as a candidate and were listening to my answers instead of just asking standard, boring questions. Just be prepared to talk about yourself and your experiences in the PT field (shadowing)

4. It's definitely important to ask them questions as well during the interview. I try to ask something along the lines of "what is your favorite part of the program here" and they seemed to really like getting to talk about that. They were willing to answer anything I needed/wanted to know

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey sorry for late reply!!

Ldixon6 and I are basically just copying and pasting from a previous post where we talked about our interview experiences. Here's my response! Hope its helps and good luck!! Emory & Henry is fantastic and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

There were roughly 50 people interviewing for 32 seats (total is 34 but I believe Dr. Irion said 2 spots had been taken by early admittance applicants). There's two more interviews going on in January, both with roughly 50 applicants each.

TIPS:
1. Go to the orientation and meet & greet. It's not mandatory, but you do get to meet the faculty as well as current DPT students. Orientation will let you know what to expect. Definitely sit in the front row and take notes.
2. During the meet & greet, ask the students questions! It's important to know as much as you can about the school. Make sure it's a good fit for you! I would suggest having a couple questions in mind to ask them.
3. The big one: Interview -- it will be a 30 minute solo interview, done by either two faculty members, or a faculty member with a recent DPT grad. This is NOT a one way interview. You are interviewing them about the school as much as they are interviewing you as a prospective candidate. Go in with confidence and have many questions prepared about the program itself. Make sure they are program specific questions, not general ones. Take notes about what they say, show that you are actively engaged.
4. Finally, look into the core staff faculty members of the DPT department. Get to know every staff member, what they do, what they research, what they teach, etc. Right before Tracie takes you to your interview, she will tell you who you will be interviewed by.

Hey guys I just received an interview for January 12th as well! Do you guys remember what kind of questions they asked during the interview? Thank you so much and congratulations on the acceptance!!

Reactions: 1 user
@Zimbabwe9

The questions I got were almost exclusively from my resume (about my major, about the volunteer experiences I had listed, etc.). My interview was very cookie cutter without any follow up questions about anything I said, and I had to really work to be able to showcase anything about myself. Make sure you're ready to use anything as a jumping off point to play up your strengths, and be ready to do so!

Hey guys I just received an interview for January 12th as well! Do you guys remember what kind of questions they asked during the interview? Thank you so much and congratulations on the acceptance!!

I felt my interviewer was really trying to get to know what kind of person I am. He asked me about my time in undergrad and specific questions about my GPA. Also asked me about my PT experiences, leadership abilities, and asked for specific examples of difficult situations and how I responded to them. It all felt very personal!

Good luck Zimbabwe9!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I had my interview on January 12th, and it wasn't what I expected. The interview was more of a conversation, so that helped a lot. Surprisingly, not a lot of the current knew who my interviewers were, so I basically went in blind... but I still felt confident after it. Try to be yourself, and remember... remember... why you chose to tread on this PT path; as I am sure you already know, it will come up.

Update. Got accepted to E&H!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone! I just accepted my offer of admission to the program! Is there a facebook group set up yet?

Hi Everyone! I just accepted my offer of admission to the program! Is there a facebook group set up yet?

I haven’t heard of one yet! Maybe we can get one going for the class of 2022? Definitely will make meeting new people and finding housemates easier!

Good idea! Anyone is free to start it! If not, I will this weekend

Anyone who has accepted their admission offer, I am currently making a FB group for our class. Feel free to message me your names/FB profiles so I can add you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all!! I’ve officially sent in my acceptance forms for Emory & Henry! Only have to put down my deposit now.

Just curious, who else is planning on starting at E&H Fall 2019??

I’m soooooo excited for this program!!
do you mind sharing stats?

do you mind sharing stats?

Hey sorry I didn’t see this till now!

Stats weren’t anything too great

cGPA: 3.15
pGPA: 3.3-4 (don’t quite remember)
GRE: 308 with 3.5AW (I think??)

Several thousand hours in outpatient clinic
80 hours in occupational med

Also went to a top ranked university for undergrad, that seemed to weigh pretty heavily in E&H’s decision as well

Good luck!!

Hey sorry I didn’t see this till now!

Stats weren’t anything too great

cGPA: 3.15
pGPA: 3.3-4 (don’t quite remember)
GRE: 308 with 3.5AW (I think??)

Several thousand hours in outpatient clinic
80 hours in occupational med

Also went to a top ranked university for undergrad, that seemed to weigh pretty heavily in E&H’s decision as well

Good luck!!
thank you so much!! I'm so stressed out lol

thank you so much!! I'm so stressed out lol

Good luck Victoriam21!! I was in your shoes a year ago and absolutely understand what you’re going through.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to DM me! Best of luck!

I’m anxiously awaiting my admissions decision from E&H. Assuming I get put on the waitlist, approx how many students are pulled from the waitlist to be accepted?

I’m anxiously awaiting my admissions decision from E&H. Assuming I get put on the waitlist, approx how many students are pulled from the waitlist to be accepted?
Anxiously awaiting the same thing. I think it will really vary from year to year since the applicant pools tend to vary a lot. I'm unsure how many initial offers were made, but do know they had like 3 ED admissions.