Emory letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obgyn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive a "letter of interest" from emory following the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

obgyn06 said:
Did anyone receive a "letter of interest" from emory following the interview?
No, did you ?

I did not get a "letter of interest" either. I did recently receive an e-mail from a resident offering assistance if I wanted to do a second look - but that's it.

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you guys interview?

I recently interviewed at Emory (12/17) and was a little dissapointed... the place was practically deserted on Saturday... one chief resident hung out all day and did the tour and one intern stopped by at lunch... oh, and a different intern accompanied us on the shuttle from the hotel... and that was it!!!! Are they hiding their residents? Or do the residents not care who comes to this program next year? Anyone else have a similar experience? :confused:

I have also had Saturday interviews at other programs. Less people, including faculty seem to be around on Saturday. And if you think about it, the way most programs are organized, residents take call on the weekends and so less are in the hospital. Definitely not the best day of the week to get a "feel" for the program. Maybe if you go back for a second look things may be a bit different. Good luck with your rank list! I wish this these decisions were easier.

community :)