EMORY MEDICAL SCHOOL

Started by Vdawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vdawg

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wondering if anyone knew whats going on with emory...no one is posting anything about them. I interviewed about 1 month ago and havn't heard anything yet. I really liked the atmosphere and am surprised more people are not talking about it on this board, anyone out there with opinions/info on emory?
 
My file has been completed for more than a month and have heard nothing from them.
 
I am also surprised that Emory is not such a hot topic here. I am actually on the edge of my seat because their next round of acceptance letters are supposed to go out this Monday. I interviewed on October 26...not even two weeks ago... and I feel like this waiting is going to drive me crazy!
Doncoz2000: How did your interview go? Did you by any chance have Dr. Dobes as one of your interviewers?
dlc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey dlc... no i didnt have Dr. Dobes. I don't think he interviewed on my day. I felt my interview went well, but everyone that interviewed on that day probably also felt the same because the interviews were really layed back and involved no stress. I interviewed on october 15th and so if I don't hear anything this next week, I think it means that I should probably start crossing my fingers for a different school. During lunch yesterday at a chinese place, my fortune cookie said that I should be expecting something real nice in the mail. I went crazy when I saw this....
 
I also interviewed at Emory a couple of weeks ago. I am looking forward to Monday as well. What did you all think of the school? I have been reading interviewfeedback.com and there were some references to student's happiness. I thought it was fine. What did you guys think? I was unable to stay with a student host so if you have any input I would love to hear it.
 
I actually work at Emory right now...I have been working here since last February and did decide to come here because I knew back then that I would love to go to school here. I thought that all of the students that I met were really nice, although they were pretty stressed because they had a huge exam (I think they called them periods) coming up and they were pretty preoccupied with studying. To me, curriculum isn't one of the things that I really emphasize when I am asked why I want to go to a particular school. The most important thing to me is location and I really love Atlanta. It is so pretty right now because of all of the changing colors. I lived in Florida for 23 of my 24 years and I never got to see these changes. Plus, the climate is just right for me...I am not much of a cold climate gal. As for my interviews, I really enjoyed the panel interview, my interviewers were incredibly nice and comforting and I really feel like I gave them a good impression of myself. I couldn't really gauge anything from my personal interview so I came out not really knowing if it went well, although I knew that at one point I flubbed up my description of what one of my coworkers is working on. When I left the interview, this really bugged me but I felt there was nothing I could do about it anyway. I was actually going to go to my lab and do some work but decided against it and started heading to my car. Strangely enough, I saw my interviewer passing the street up ahead. He passed me, said Good Luck, and I just blurted out that I wanted to correct what I had flubbed up (since I had since realized what went wrong in my thinking). He accepted it and then told me that he was mainly looking at how I was answering the question. Then he told me that I did a good job and gave me a small smile. So I really don't know what to expect this next week! But doncoz2000, don't give up hope if you don't hear anything because they send out letters once a month and your file (if you haven't already been accepted) comes up for review each time they meet (so I understand) so even if you don't hear anything this next week that doesn't mean that you won't hear next month!
dlc
 
I would think that they would make a judgement on the applicant's file (accept, reject, or hold) and then see how they are filling their class... so although I would like to think they look at the applicant's file each time, I'm sure it doesn't work that way. but I could be wrong-- hopefully we all get some good news this next week.
 
since emory is mailing out letters this week.... can anyone that hears from them post something here-
 
Don't forget, that mail has to be sent internally to Emory's mail processing operations before it hits the mainstream mail. I would expect this to slow down the mail delivery. We may here early next week. Good luck to all who interviewed at Emory (and elsewhere)
 
sorry AJZ, I just now saw that you asked what we thought about Emory a while ago. I loved the school. I stayed with a friend of mine who is a M1 when I went down there. He took me out with the other med students and we had a beer. I even went to his white coat ceremony. all the students were really down to earth. obviously they all had nice academic records but none of that mattered, they all treated everyone with respect and its something that made me love the atmosphere. The campus was also beautiful and the faculty were real nice (unlike other schools I've interviewed at). It is clearly my #1 choice along with UIC (reason = instate/public). good luck to you to and take care.
 
Yesterday I got a confirmation of acceptance. A great school - I'm very excited.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks all...my interview was in late October. I guess they send out letters every couple weeks.

One big plus about the Emory interview is that a fourth-year conduts the tour...they know a lot more than first-years.
 
me too...it's been over two months since my application has been completed.
 
I heard last week about an interview, I think my app was complete 11/1
 
What the hell?

Just got this e-mail:

Your application to Emory University School of Medicine is complete and in the review process. If you are invited to interview at Emory you
will be contacted by e-mail between now and the third week of February. Applicants we are unable to interview will be notified of their final
status in March. 😕

We wish you the very best and hope we will be able to invite you for an interview. 😳

So:
1. what is up with the discrepency between hearing in Febrauary if you get an intrview, and the final status in March? Duh, if you don't hear in Februaury, I presume there's no need for additional communication in March. I'll get the message loud and clear.

2. You hope you will be able to invite me for an interview?! 😡

3. Why won't schools stop sending these asinine interim e-mails, and just send interview yes or no e-mails?

4. I think I'm cracking under the pressure. 😱
 
I was just wondering if anyone heard anything recently from Emory-
 
It says on my sheet that they send out a round of acceptances today.
 
I still haven't heard anything, besides the email posted above...my app was complete mid-November 🙁
 
i'm headed down that same road nebula. and the path ahead looks ugly. Emory bothers me. They bother me a lot!