emory secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milhouse Van Houten

Reaction score
does anyone know how long the essays can be for this guy? i know there is an optional 500 word essay in the case that you don't want your amcas essay to be read, but what about the other ones?
thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I just took a look, and the impression that I got was that their essay wasn't "supplemental"--rather, you have the option of writing something to _replace_ your AMCAS essay. I got the sense that it was an either-or deal. Did I just read it incorrectly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, misread the initial post :)

Sorry to post useless filler to the list :)

Hey Petros, I think I am going with about a half a page for each. What do you think?

i called a very clueless emory secretary today and she pretty much had no idea what i was talking about.

For the essays about healthcare/research experience and specific interest in Emory, they should be pretty short since they can only be a paragraph, right? Since they ask for a paragraph, I figured I would not make my essays much longer than the little box they give you to write your answer in. Sorry if you guys are refering to something else... just my opinion.

Finished that last night...basically cut and pasted from my AMCAS app for the healthcare one (3 paragraphs), and the "why emory" was about 1 paragraph.

see, what i thought is that we need to make it fit into that little box. but then i realized that the optional 500 word essay has the same box, so there definitely has to be room for a longer response than the size of the box would lead you to believe. i think someone should call them again.