Emory v. UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mallo3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Georgia and have always gotten the impression that Emory is the smarty-pants school and that UGA is the party school. I am wondering how much of a benefit it would be to go to Emory rather than UGA. At first, I thought that there was no competition, but every doctor, dentist, and vet I have met has gone to UGA. Some docs tell me that it's just where I live- but I am closer to Emory. I am only concerned with tuition cost and getting into med school. Everyone in GA loves UGA and people are loyal to the school, while Emory is percieved to have a snotty attitude. Honestly how much of an advantage would going to Emory give me? Does Emory give preference to it's undergrad students when they apply to Emory med or make their standards more difficult on them? I know that UGA does that with their law schools and am just wondering if med school works the same. If I go to UGA I can live comfortably, if I go to Emory I will starve and have to take out loans- I am willing to do whatever it takes to get me into med school though even if I am miserable.

Members don't see this ad.