Employment attorney in MA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veryextradoctor

Reaction score
Does anyone have the name of a good employment attorney admitted in Massachusetts, ideally with experience in medicine? Thank you!

(A private message is fine, of course. :))

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have the name of a good employment attorney admitted in Massachusetts, ideally with experience in medicine? Thank you!

You don't need one dude. You can read the contract yourself. Just a thought!

• Dislike
  • Hmm
  • Okay...
Reactions: 8 users
This is, possibly, the worst advice of the day, or week, or maybe the month.
I second this post. It's great to have an MD but it doesn't make somebody omniscient. The law of contracts is a thicket. It has its own language. The law of contracts varies from state to state. For example, covenants not to compete can be enforced to the letter in some places and not at all in others.

Reactions: 1 user

The most expensive thing in the world is a cheap lawyer.

Massachusetts is chock full of lawyers. Don't go to a general practitioner. For complicated issues or the review of an employment agreement, don't go to somebody with a law degree from Suffolk, Northeastern or UMASS who practices at some podunk law firm. Don't go lower than Boston U or Boston College. I know this is an elitist point of view but the talent difference between a Harvard grad and a Cooley grad is enormous.

Try the Massachusetts Medical Society. They may be able to help you find a lawyer.

Reactions: 1 user
I second this post. It's great to have an MD but it doesn't make somebody omniscient. The law of contracts is a thicket. It has its own language. The law of contracts varies from state to state. For example, covenants not to compete can be enforced to the letter in some places and not at all in others.
Not to mention all the stuff that may not even be in the contract. An experienced lawyer can clue you in to important omissions.

Need more info. Are you looking for someone to help with a contract or are you in trouble and need help navigating? I don't know anyone in MA, but I know several in other states and work closely with one in NJ who may have some names depending on what you're looking for.

The latter, I am in trouble, but it looks as though I have found someone. Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
Glad you found someone. Your med mal carrier also has a legal dept you can cal for general guidance