EMR Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creflo

time to eat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sort of like the residency review thread, I'd like to start an EMR review thread. Please include thoughts on cost, ease of use, pros and cons, etc.

I use Ahlta. Don't have much to compare it to as I am at my first job, employed by gov't. I can say that during the past year it has been down a significant number of times. This gets frustrating when you are seeing patients all day but can't get notes written. Can't comment on cost, not sure if its even available outside of government facilities. When it is working, seems fine. It does allow me to create a template to use, but it would be nice if the musculoskeletal options were more podiatry focused. I wish it had a "suspense" function, whereby I could enter a task to do at a future date, and on that date when you login a reminder pops up on the screen.

Members don't see this ad.

We use Practice Fusion.

Pros: free, cloud-based, regularly updated, has only crashed a few times per year, creates easy-to-read notes (important for your reports to referral sources), compatible with Dragon voice recognition, integrated with e-prescribing/labs, automatic conversion of ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes for now.

Cons: too much mouse clicking, functions slowly in the afternoon (from being cloud-based?), is not podiatry-specific, page looks really cluttered with TMI (to fulfill Meaningful Use criteria)

Reactions: 1 user
Trying to revive this thread, any others out there? Also, with practice fusion, any recommendations on using Office Ally vs. NueMD vs. Advanced MD for the billing portion?

We use Kareo billing along with Practice Fusion. It works okay but I hear our Biller grousing about some things not carrying over like they're supposed to. We seem to be getting paid for the most part but we have been getting some denials (could be coding issues rather than software).

Epic is supposedly the best system but it's quite expensive. I read this article from yesterday that said Denver Health's Epic system is under budget at $170,000,000 (gulp).

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29364772/denver-health-lost-top-doctors-including-medicine-and