EMT as part-time job??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctordeet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my situation is this.. I'm waiting to hear back from the one school I had an MD/PhD interview at. I haven't heard back yet even though my interview was in December. So at this point I'm starting to make contingency plans in case I dont get in (which is, unfortunately, what I think will happen). :confused:

Anyway.... I currently have a full time job as a research lab tech which I would like to stay at. But if I dont get in I was thinking of taking the EMT-B class and working part-time as an EMT on nights/weekends, eventually reapplying to schools in a year or two. I was just wondering a) if part-time EMT jobs actually exist and b) what people think of this plan...

Thanks! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

So my situation is this.. I'm waiting to hear back from the one school I had an MD/PhD interview at. I haven't heard back yet even though my interview was in December. So at this point I'm starting to make contingency plans in case I dont get in (which is, unfortunately, what I think will happen). :confused:

Anyway.... I currently have a full time job as a research lab tech which I would like to stay at. But if I dont get in I was thinking of taking the EMT-B class and working part-time as an EMT on nights/weekends, eventually reapplying to schools in a year or two. I was just wondering a) if part-time EMT jobs actually exist and b) what people think of this plan...

Thanks! :laugh:
Hey doctordeet. There are numerous threads on this already. Please refer to the FAQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.