EMT-B and Non-paid work

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you get your EMT-B certificate, is there anyway to use it besides working for a paramedic team ?

Is there any volunteer options ?

Members don't see this ad.

If your area has a volunteer ambulance you might want to check into that
also a lot of rural areas have volunteer emergency services my town does
but generally those are only found in very small towns population <2500.
But I could be wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
Check in your local area and check at your college and that surrounding area. Try to find a volunteer agency where you will be the one running the call rather then a paid agency where all you get to do is drive.

We have a First Response Team on campus that has AMFR... not sure how that compares to EMT-B in the US.

plenty of volunteer first aid squads. If not in your tow, more than likely in the surrounding area. If you know anyone that is on a paid squad they usually can point you in the right direction. You could also go to the local fire company they'll let you know what you can do to volunteer on a first aid squad or first response team. Good Luck.

I've been a volunteer EMT in my school's town (it's a regional school) for a couple of years now as part of a program.

You'll have to check about how old you have to be to volunteer...I know that in my home town you need to be a certain age (either 18 or 21) whether or not you have you're a certified EMT-B. One of my certified friends last summer couldn't find any volunteer opportunities because he was not old enough. And like other people have said, paid work isn't too interesting.