End of clinical rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt123!

Reaction score
I am finishing up my first clinical rotation and I was curious as what the appropriate way to say thank you to my CI afterwards is. I established a great relationship with my CI and want to thank her properly. What have you all done in the past at the conclusion of your clinical-- a nice thank you note, baked goods, cheap gift, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

In the past I have bought the staff pizza they raved about and gave my CIs a thank you card

Reactions: 1 user
I am finishing up my first clinical rotation and I was curious as what the appropriate way to say thank you to my CI afterwards is. I established a great relationship with my CI and want to thank her properly. What have you all done in the past at the conclusion of your clinical-- a nice thank you note, baked goods, cheap gift, etc?
I gave mine $50 gift certificates, but I really do not think it is necessary. one of them was very uncomfortable accepting it (which makes sense since a student in debt is giving you money... I would not be comfortable accepting it now either). So just spend $5-10 on food they like and that will be more than enough and comfortable for the CI and stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
as a CI with 28 years of clinical teaching experience, I have received everything from a thank you note, to a gift certificate to a local microbrewery, or restaurant. all were appreciated but none were necessary. Staying in touch afterward (if you had a good experience) is more important to us.

Reactions: 2 users
But what about if you had a BAD experience? =)