End of clinical rotations

Started by dpt123!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dpt123!

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am finishing up my first clinical rotation and I was curious as what the appropriate way to say thank you to my CI afterwards is. I established a great relationship with my CI and want to thank her properly. What have you all done in the past at the conclusion of your clinical-- a nice thank you note, baked goods, cheap gift, etc?
 
I am finishing up my first clinical rotation and I was curious as what the appropriate way to say thank you to my CI afterwards is. I established a great relationship with my CI and want to thank her properly. What have you all done in the past at the conclusion of your clinical-- a nice thank you note, baked goods, cheap gift, etc?
I gave mine $50 gift certificates, but I really do not think it is necessary. one of them was very uncomfortable accepting it (which makes sense since a student in debt is giving you money... I would not be comfortable accepting it now either). So just spend $5-10 on food they like and that will be more than enough and comfortable for the CI and stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
as a CI with 28 years of clinical teaching experience, I have received everything from a thank you note, to a gift certificate to a local microbrewery, or restaurant. all were appreciated but none were necessary. Staying in touch afterward (if you had a good experience) is more important to us.