End of Interview Questions you have - What should you ask?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ski2Doc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All of my interviews had this. The interviewer asks if you have any questions at the end. I dont mean the admissions staff but the actual dude interviewing you.
I was told that it is good to ask stuff.

But i am not going to ask b.s. like 'so whats the size of the gym?' or anything i can look up.

Whats good to ask, espeically for DO schools, that makes you sound interested in THAT school, AND osteopathy?

Dont mean to rush but need to know very soon. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My favorite was always "If i walked away knowing one thing about your school today, what would you want me to know."

It also works with job interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is extremely important to ask questions, I used up about 10-15 minutes asking questions in my last interview. I wouldn't want a bunch of people to steal these questions, but I interviewed at a state far from my hometown and a really new school, and I asked questions like:

What do you think the atvantages/disatvantages are of having a new school?

what is healthcare like in this state, I know in my state its....?

would I be getting a large varitey of patients in my clinical years or is there basically one group of people in this area (if I do my clinical here)

what exactly is your affilation with your 'sister school'?

why offer this style of teaching over others?

Write out 10 questions the night before, research the school, if some questions are answered 100 times before the interview, dont ask, then it looks rehearsed and unnecessary. Make the interviewers understand you want to know everything about the school. Be creative, I truly think it would make a big difference. One interview I didnt ask anything and felt pretty poorly about it, the second one I asked away and had a much better vibe leaving.

what types of programs does this school have to help prepare me for boards (USMLE and/or COMLEX)... (do they provide test banks, offer board review clases during 2nd year - Kaplan or in-house, are these things set up by the school as part of the curriculum, or do the students set it up themselves). You'd be hard pressed to find this level of detail on the websites. or something like, "I saw on the website that your school provides a board review class, what does this entail"...

JonnyG said:
My favorite was always "If i walked away knowing one thing about your school today, what would you want me to know."
I

also like this one too...

My first and only interview so far I asked what could I do to get off of the waitlist if this happened to me. This is definitely not the last question you should ask. lol. I'm not sure if I want to ask that quetion again.

Ski2doc, thanks for asking this question. Cuz I was wondering that myself, as I am not the type to have questions at the end of presentations and things!

Thanks for your input everyone!