Endo fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello there,

After almost a week of silence after 4 rejections I just start thinking that I will not get any IV´s....this is it for me? sooo depresed:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard from good and bad from:

MC of Georgia
U of Kentucky
U of Missouri- Columbia
U of Nebraska Medical Center
U of Utah
U of Vermont
U of Wisconsin

My friends from a year ahead (other specialties ID, etc. and I presume this would relate to Endo too) told me that interviews still roll out into feb and even march.

Members don't see this ad :)
Denver Health Medical Center
Harvard

Does anyone know if the Research Endocrine Fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle allows you to pass the Endocrine Board once you complete your training. On their web page they put a lot of emphasis on the research part of the fellowship.

I am amazed that this year its taking this long to send interviews, I applied last year too and had almost 6 interviews by 10-11th Jan. I got to interview only in 3 out 6 and didn't match so applied this year too. So far I have got only one invitation from University of Minnesota. They are really moving slow this year.

Last edited:
Invites from:
Washington Univ, St Louis
Univ of Wisconsin
NIH
Georgetown
Jackson Memorial Hosp, Miami

Rejections: UCLA, Stanford, Univ of Colorado, Univ of Minnesota, Univ of Texas-Houston

Louisville, KY
U of Wisconsin
MUSC, SC
Wayne State, Detroit

Has anyone hear from NYC or Chicago or Texas?

Springfield, IL
Uni of Texas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Louisville, KY
U of Wisconsin
MUSC, SC
Wayne State, Detroit

hi!!,.....Did u interview at WSU...I got the interview first but they cancelled it later{strange!!!}.....just curious,thanx.

hi!!,.....Did u interview at WSU...I got the interview first but they cancelled it later{strange!!!}.....just curious,thanx.

They cancelled mine too. It's very strange!!!!!!!!! I guess they might have filled the position already.

Does anyone know if it's possible to postpone your fellowship with one year, meaning matching for 2011, but not starting until 2012?

I got an invitation from WSU, later they emailed me too to apologize for the confusion that there were some emails which went out to candidates that shouldn't have. They then send a letter via express mail to confirm the date. I am going there next week to interview, so I donot think they have filled their spot.

Only 1 person here applied to Springfield, IL? Is that a bad program?

I will personally vouch for Springfield's program. One of the finest, period.

The chair of the program was a total genius and inspired me to pursue IM.

Any comment about Endocrinology Fellowship Program at the Ohio State Medical Center??

still expect more interview calls or March 1st week is the end?

I called most of the programs I had not heard for good or bad so far. They told me that they already had been given their IV slots to the applicants they expected to interview this season and unless they had cancellations they will not offer more IV´s. I called mostly programs in NY, Chicago, Texas and Florida.

This is my list or IV´s please feel free to add yours so we can share our experience to others
-University of Louisville Kentucky
-University of Washington, Seattle
-Stony Brook University
-University of Florida in Jacksonville
-Loyola University, Maywood
-University of South Florida, Tampa

Come on guys don´t be shy, Let´s revive this tread!!!

University of Louisville Kentucky
-University of South Florida, Tampa

Thx.

plz post your match results. 1 hr to go!!!!!!!!

maybe this will keep the thread alive!

4 interviews
ranked 2
matched at my top choice!!
Still little unsure about turning away $200,000+ salary for two more years.....But hoping this is for the best.
Best wishes to everyone!

Matched at my first choice.
Now I can say it's not that tough to getinto Endo fellowship.

Hey everyone!
Does anyone know if there were any unmatched spots for endocrinology to start July 2011? Please PM me if you know of one.
Thanks.

Hey everyone!
Does anyone know if there were any unmatched spots for endocrinology to start July 2011? Please PM me if you know of one.
Thanks.
There were 233 positions, 218 filled, 15 unfilled; most unfilled were research endo positions. PM if you are still interested in more details.

so i am applying this year for 2012 endo fellowship. i was wondering if you guys could give tips on the application process; interview experience; and whether or not research is important for applying ?
I am a second year resident and my residency program doesn't have endo fellowship. So I was wondering which programs tend to take outside applicants. I know alot of the programs hire inhouse fellows...

Also, how did you guys apply to programs that didn't participate in ERAS ?

thanks for your help.

hi all,

Iam a new member, applying to endo for 2012. Are there any IMGs applying or applied in the past?

I need some guidance..
like list of friendly programs..being an IMG and will need H1.
will appreciate ur help!!!!!!!!!

Hey current fellows and recent grads,

Is there a way to find out where the best endocrine fellowship programs are? I know it is based on personal preferences, clinical vs research, etc but aren't some more well known as being more prestigious/"big name" programs?

Are what programs have people been impressed with on the interview trail?

Thanks!