Endo or Nephro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in endo or nephro. As a DO student, first off, what are my chances? I'm stuck in Ohio for 5 years after I graduate (contract issue), so I'm looking at the Ohio programs. Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do in order to get into one of these fellowship programs (in Ohio)? Also, from my understanding, endo and nephro aren't "too" competitive, with nephro being the more competitive of the two. How much do board scores play a role in your acceptance into a fellowship or is your acceptance determined by how well you do on a rotation, etc.? Any valid insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Atlas

Members don't see this ad.

try matching in an IM program in Ohio, the more reputable the better. Look for a program that has an endocrine/research fellowship with attendings that are active in Endo/nephro research. Get involved early. Start in medical school if you can. Board scores are usually not a huge factor as long as you have passed. USMLE scores may be necessary to match into an allopathic residency.