Endothermic Rxn and Le Chatlier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

purplelightning

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cooling an endothermic reaction results in which of the following?

A. The mole fraction of the product will decrease
B. The mole fraction of the reactant will decrease
C. The mole fraction of the product will increase
D. The ratio of the products to reactants will increase.

I understand that in an endothermic reaction, removing heat will shift the reaction to the left. That means there will be more reactants than products. The correct answer is D and that makes sense.

However, I'm confused why A isn't correct. How do I handle mole fraction in such a problem?

TIA for the help SDN!