Engagement breakup and breakdown:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

That really sucks, man. I'm sorry you're going through it.

RE: your living and work situation, in your shoes I'd apply broadly to anywhere with a research job that you could afford to live alone or with a roommate or two.

Big caveat, if you feel that you need familial support for a while you should just go home and get yourself right first, then focus on doing my first suggestion or come up with a different plan during that time. I doubt anyone on an admissions team would ding you for taking a while off after your fiancee broke up with you. Take care of yourself. <3