Engineering classes designations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fp02c

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys suggest I designate these courses as. I took them through engineering and would like to set them as engineering but I want your opinions. I have heard to set all my engineering classes as engineering but am afraid that whoever looks at wastewater microbiology will automatically designate it as biology when it was not a biology class but an engineering one both in department offered and content

EES 4103 Applied Ecology 2. S.
Application of ecological principles to technological resource management and problem solving.

EES 4102 Wastewater Microbiology 1. F.
General concepts in microbiology with major emphasis on the role of microorganisms in polluted environments and treatment facilities.

EES 4200 Environmental Chemistry of Carbon Compounds. S.
Application of chemical principles to environmental processes and problems. Emphasis on organic chemical contaminants, chemistry of treatment processes, analytical methods, toxicology, and hazardous wastes.

EES 4102L Environmental Biology Laboratory. F, S.
Focuses on the biota (microorganisms, algae, zooplankton, fish, plants) found in natural (lakes and wetlands) and engineered systems, ecological engineering approach to management of surface waters and ecological modeling.

EGM 3400 Elements of Dynamics.
Dynamics of particles and rigid bodies for rectilinear translation, curvilinear motion, rotation and plane motion. Principles of work and energy, also impulse and momentum.

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS will tell you that for the most part, it's up to you how you want to classify them. Most engineering classes shouldn't be counted towards your BCPM GPA. Dynamics, you won't be able to count (weird, since it's hardcore physics). As for the rest, I think you could count them as chem/bio if you wanted.

I majored in engineering as well (mechanical )and can't really count most of my classes. However, I will try to count my biomechanics classes seeing as how a lot of it was bio related.

some people in the pre allo forum were able to get dynamics and hydrodynamics to pass as physics. I dont mind those. I just dont want my environmental engineering ones to pass. Im screwed if i set my water chem class as engineering.. cause it was.. and then have them read chemistry and becuase they know nothing of my degree they will assign it as chemistry. Really.. . we engineers get royally screwed.

I majored in Bioengineering during undergrad and many of my classes didn't count towards the BCMP GPA.

It was really only the Bio-heavy classes that counted for anything. Biofluids, dynamics, etc. didn't.