English Classes for Med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stony003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools require 2 english classes (6 Credits) along with the other pre-reqs. Next semester, I'm taking a Lit in Translation: The tales of Hans Christian Andersen (The author that wrote fairy tales such as The princess and the pea, little mermaid..etc) This class is really easy and there's only light reading and no essays, just exams.

Another option is an Intro to modern lit since 1900. That class reads 7 books and has two essays.

Will the med schools with english pre-req's care that I'm taking a bull lit in translation class to get an A? Would you guys suggest that I take a harder english class to prepare for the mcats?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

how would med schools know your lit in translation class was easy? for all they know you had to read pages and pages of like background material and had to write 25 essays. itll def stand out on your transcript, if they ask you can tell them what and intresting and different class it was.

as far as mcats go, im a lit major and trust reading alot of books wont help you on the verbal.
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools require 2 english classes (6 Credits) along with the other pre-reqs. Next semester, I'm taking a Lit in Translation: The tales of Hans Christian Andersen (The author that wrote fairy tales such as The princess and the pea, little mermaid..etc) This class is really easy and there's only light reading and no essays, just exams.

Another option is an Intro to modern lit since 1900. That class reads 7 books and has two essays.

Will the med schools with english pre-req's care that I'm taking a bull lit in translation class to get an A? Would you guys suggest that I take a harder english class to prepare for the mcats?

Thanks!

Unless you major in English, I don't know how English prereqs will help on the MCAT.
Well maybe the writting section.