Pass/Fail English Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

screwedpremed999

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a senior in college and have already applied this cycle. Would it raise red flags to medical schools if I opt to do pass/fail for the English literature class that I'm taking this semester? I know that some schools specifically require an English literature course, but I'm not sure if they want it for a grade. I'm going through an extremely tough stage in my life right now (it's not because of the admissions cycle) and it would lift a huge burden off my chest if I take English as pass/fail.

Members don't see this ad.

I would assume that it is expected that any pre-requisite should be taken for a grade. But you could inquire with the schools that have this specific requirement.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the only class that could fulfill the requirement that you've taken? I'm an engineering major and most schools have said they would take my writing heavy engineering ethics class as a English pre-req

Reactions: 1 user
If the schools you’re applying to require the class then yeah put the grade. If they don’t, then p/f.