English language medical training in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

motorola

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what countries in Europe have their training in English?

Members don't see this ad.

The only ones in Europe are:
UK,
The Central European ones (in Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic, Croatia, Latvia and Lithuania).

Members don't see this ad :)
Ireland is also a country :( We have 5 medical schools. One of them- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland- had a great international reputation and is full of foreign students.

Ireland is also a country :( We have 5 medical schools. One of them- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland- had a great international reputation and is full of foreign students.

Correction - all of them have good international reputations and there are actually 6 medical schools in Ireland. These would be University College Cork, University College Dublin, National University of Ireland - Galway, Trinity College Dublin, University of Limerick and Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin. RCSI is the most expensive, but most of the Irish schools have about 505 international students. Check out the Atlantic Bridge program for more information. FYI - the eastern European schools are much cheaper than the Irish schools and get quite good match results.
Cheers,
M

Limerick does medicine too? Cool, I had no idea!

I think that Malta's program (as far as I know, they only have one major university - the University of Malta) is in English. It's very competitive to get in, though.

There is about 8 or more schools in Poland that teach in english. Im an american that moved to Poland. Last year's graduating class in Krakow 4yr program. Got matched in vermont, Rochester, Boston, Miami, Chicago, minneapolis, and 2 canadian got back to canada which is almost near impossible. The specialties ranged from internal medicine, neurology, surgery, psychiatry, pediatrics, family med, and phys med and rehab.

So if your going to go to an eastern country, Poland would be your best bet.
Probably the top schools in Poland

Jagellionian University, Krakow (my school...but im not biased in that decision)
Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan
Medical University of Warsaw (MUW)