1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

English major from Ivy school with low verbal?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by lll505, Oct 5, 2002.

1. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, so the scores arent horrible, 9V 9P 10B, R
    but do you think schools are going to wonder about someone who got all A grades as an English major and then screwed up the verbal. I dont know what happened, on all my practice tests I never got less than an 11.

Maybe it was because I went to the bathroom 9 times during the test!!! 9 F%$&% times!!

Im trying to get into a UC, does anyone think Ive still got a chance?

2. sluox

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    short answer: no. long answer: possible, but unlikely. with a 28 MCAT, UCs will reject you first round out of state. (unless you are in state, and even then, the odds are against you.)

My suggestion: take it again and apply next year. You seem to be a good applicant, don't settle for anything less than the best.

3. woolie

woolie Intermountain West
    7+ Year Member

Is it just me, or do other people see the incredible irony here in our post-er's problem? :eek:

I think your scores are very good, including the amazing Verbal. Surely an Adcom would look at the score and laugh - and I mean at the insanity of the verbal questions, etc. This is an interesting situation!

4. Mike59

Mike59 Sweatshop FP in Ontario
    7+ Year Member

I'm in a similar situation. Although I am a Science major, I have made great grades in all my english and literature classes (lowest was an A-) and they were all junior/senior level courses.

My MCAT score: 8V, 10P, S, 9B

Do you think some med schools will consider that S writing score when looking at my scores? I think this is bizzare. My writing and reading skills made me very successful in college (4.0), but the MCAT is another world. I too was scoring double digits in my AAMC verbal practice tests.

What gives!?!?!:mad: :confused: