lll505

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
Okay, so the scores arent horrible, 9V 9P 10B, R
but do you think schools are going to wonder about someone who got all A grades as an English major and then screwed up the verbal. I dont know what happened, on all my practice tests I never got less than an 11.

Maybe it was because I went to the bathroom 9 times during the test!!! 9 F%$&% times!!

Im trying to get into a UC, does anyone think Ive still got a chance?

sluox

15+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2002
Status
  1. Attending Physician
short answer: no. long answer: possible, but unlikely. with a 28 MCAT, UCs will reject you first round out of state. (unless you are in state, and even then, the odds are against you.)

My suggestion: take it again and apply next year. You seem to be a good applicant, don't settle for anything less than the best.

woolie

Intermountain West
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2002
Visit site
Status
Is it just me, or do other people see the incredible irony here in our post-er's problem? :eek:

I think your scores are very good, including the amazing Verbal. Surely an Adcom would look at the score and laugh - and I mean at the insanity of the verbal questions, etc. This is an interesting situation!

Mike59

Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
The inner-net
Visit site
Status
I'm in a similar situation. Although I am a Science major, I have made great grades in all my english and literature classes (lowest was an A-) and they were all junior/senior level courses.

My MCAT score: 8V, 10P, S, 9B

Do you think some med schools will consider that S writing score when looking at my scores? I think this is bizzare. My writing and reading skills made me very successful in college (4.0), but the MCAT is another world. I too was scoring double digits in my AAMC verbal practice tests.

What gives!?!?!:mad: :confused:

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads