1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

English major from Ivy school with low verbal?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by lll505, Oct 5, 2002.

1. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, so the scores arent horrible, 9V 9P 10B, R
    but do you think schools are going to wonder about someone who got all A grades as an English major and then screwed up the verbal. I dont know what happened, on all my practice tests I never got less than an 11.

Maybe it was because I went to the bathroom 9 times during the test!!! 9 F%$&% times!!

Im trying to get into a UC, does anyone think Ive still got a chance?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sluox

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    short answer: no. long answer: possible, but unlikely. with a 28 MCAT, UCs will reject you first round out of state. (unless you are in state, and even then, the odds are against you.)

My suggestion: take it again and apply next year. You seem to be a good applicant, don't settle for anything less than the best.

4. woolie

woolie Intermountain West
    7+ Year Member

Is it just me, or do other people see the incredible irony here in our post-er's problem? :eek:

I think your scores are very good, including the amazing Verbal. Surely an Adcom would look at the score and laugh - and I mean at the insanity of the verbal questions, etc. This is an interesting situation!

5. Mike59

Mike59 Sweatshop FP in Ontario
    7+ Year Member

I'm in a similar situation. Although I am a Science major, I have made great grades in all my english and literature classes (lowest was an A-) and they were all junior/senior level courses.

My MCAT score: 8V, 10P, S, 9B

Do you think some med schools will consider that S writing score when looking at my scores? I think this is bizzare. My writing and reading skills made me very successful in college (4.0), but the MCAT is another world. I too was scoring double digits in my AAMC verbal practice tests.

What gives!?!?!:mad: :confused: