english prereq before application or before matirculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppleseedCast

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if the english prereq is required before sending an application or just before matriculation? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if the english prereq is required before sending an application or just before matriculation? thanks

It is more important for before matriculation... but most schools like to see these kinds of core requirements completed before your application is complete. If you are worried about this e-mail schools you are interested in to find out the details. I don't think it will hurt your application too bad as long as you take them before you matriculate... but seriously how could you have got this far without taking gen eds like english?

I was told before you matriculate. However, in my case...

I was actually one English class short of the requirements of nearly every school I applied to. And I got multiple acceptances

It was never even mentioned. Some of the (online) applications even had me fill in every prereq, and a little yellow flag came up next to '2nd semester of English.' I still got an interview, and got a good spot on the waitlist. So, if you are a decent applicant, they might not even care.

I was told before you matriculate. However, in my case...

I was actually one English class short of the requirements of nearly every school I applied to. And I got multiple acceptances

It was never even mentioned. Some of the (online) applications even had me fill in every prereq, and a little yellow flag came up next to '2nd semester of English.' I still got an interview, and got a good spot on the waitlist. So, if you are a decent applicant, they might not even care.

didnt you fill out one app through amcas?