English Second Language

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmDream

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think that having an accent will prevent someone getting into pharmacy school?
 
NOPE!
If yes, Chinese would never have been accepted! 😀

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you are funny
I have a bad accent but I got accepted. You shouldn't worry about that. Be more confident and show you potentialities to the admission comittee and you will be good
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Having an accent shouldn't affect you, as long as you can show them you have proper grammar and language skills. I think if you can show them on the interview that you can get your point across well, and do a good job on your essay, it won't have any affect on your admission.
 
Every school I've interviewed at so far (and those that I have yet to interview for) had an essay as part of the interview process. I don't know if it's something every pharm school requires, but it certainly seems to be so for the vast majority (in California at least).....don't worry though; they are short and easy -- the admissions people just want to make sure you can string together a proper sentence, so it's all about grammar and language, NOT content (so no need to study for anything).
 
no it will not, we have quite a few in my class that have very heavy accents, and a few with lighter

shoot, if accents kept people out then none of the people from west texas would have gotten in, lol