• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

PharmDream

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Do you think that having an accent will prevent someone getting into pharmacy school?

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
NOPE!
If yes, Chinese would never have been accepted! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you are funny
I have a bad accent but I got accepted. You shouldn't worry about that. Be more confident and show you potentialities to the admission comittee and you will be good

About the Ads

jun99

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
Having an accent shouldn't affect you, as long as you can show them you have proper grammar and language skills. I think if you can show them on the interview that you can get your point across well, and do a good job on your essay, it won't have any affect on your admission.

jun99

10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
Every school I've interviewed at so far (and those that I have yet to interview for) had an essay as part of the interview process. I don't know if it's something every pharm school requires, but it certainly seems to be so for the vast majority (in California at least).....don't worry though; they are short and easy -- the admissions people just want to make sure you can string together a proper sentence, so it's all about grammar and language, NOT content (so no need to study for anything).

Jbuprepharm

The Poopsmith
10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2006
Alaska
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
no it will not, we have quite a few in my class that have very heavy accents, and a few with lighter

shoot, if accents kept people out then none of the people from west texas would have gotten in, lol

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.