ENT and Step II

Started by dem4t
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dem4t

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently an MSIII hashing out my 4th year schedule and thinking about taking step II around late Dec/Jan. I have some flexibility in my schedule and can take it earlier if needbe. I'm happy with my step I score and don't think I need to necessarily take step II early to make up for a borderline step I score. With regard specifically to ENT, when is the best time to take step II? How significant of a role does it play in the residency application/interview process? Are there programs that "require" step II scores prior to offering interviews? Any insight would be much appreciated.
 
I took step 2 at the end of december and I did not have any problems getting interviews. I had a few interviewers ask if I had taken it, but no one really cared that much about it as long as you have a strong step 1 score.
 
No programs require a step II score. Taking it in Jan is no prob. Remember how to study for the boards: 2 months for step I, two days for step II, two #2 pencils for step III. I am not kidding.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheThroat said:
Remember how to study for the boards: 2 months for step I, two days for step II, two #2 pencils for step III. I am not kidding.


oh that is classic!
I will definitely be remembering this sage remark.