ENT vs. Urology

Started by poultry123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poultry123

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, a 3rd year in dire need of advice-
Definitely interested in doing a surgical subspeciality, but am seeking one that would allow me to do diagnosis and practice medical management as well. I've been told that both ENT and Urology have aspects of medicine to them, but I'm trying to figure which has more... any thoughts?
thanks!
 
poultry123 said:
Hi, a 3rd year in dire need of advice-
Definitely interested in doing a surgical subspeciality, but am seeking one that would allow me to do diagnosis and practice medical management as well. I've been told that both ENT and Urology have aspects of medicine to them, but I'm trying to figure which has more... any thoughts?
thanks!

Just depends on which end of the body you like best!

Seriously, both require some aspects of medical management, but to me, the difference between oto and uro is all about the huge difference in the surgical fields.