Entering coursework from community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I attended a university for 4 years, but took 2 courses at a community college during 2 summer breaks. I eventually transferred these credits to my university. Do I have to enter the coursework on my application with the course codes and titles the community college had, or can I use the titles and course codes of the "equivalent" courses?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Enter exactly like how you see on your transcript from community college. I went to two different 4 year colleges and two different community colleges.

Reactions: 1 user
Enter exactly like how you see on your transcript from community college. I went to two different 4 year colleges and two different community colleges.

But how will they know if my courses met the requirements if I don't list the equivalent courses instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
But how will they know if my courses met the requirements if I don't list the equivalent courses instead?

Do you mean requirements for your undergrad institution? I think they will assume that you fulfilled any requirements as long as you were granted a degree.

Do you mean requirements for your undergrad institution? I think they will assume that you fulfilled any requirements as long as you were granted a degree.

Yeah, I was granted a degree. I don't have access to the community college transcript. However, on my advisement report, there's a column that says "incoming courses" and another that says "equivalent course." I should be putting down the course numbers that correspond to the incoming courses, correct?

Yeah, I was granted a degree. I don't have access to the community college transcript. However, on my advisement report, there's a column that says "incoming courses" and another that says "equivalent course." I should be putting down the course numbers that correspond to the incoming courses, correct?

AACOMAS requires you to enter the coursework from the institution the class was actually taken, regardless of transfer credit. You need to just enter in every class you've ever taken from every accredited institution, unless it falls under continuing education (yours probably won't). Enter it exactly as it appears on your transcript, and you'll be fine. You will need to get an electronic personal copy of an official transcript however, as AACOMAS states that there are minor differences between unofficial and official transcripts and how classes are listed. This isn't some sort of transcript kickback money making scheme either, as I put in my classes initially letter for letter how they were on my unofficial transcript, then waited for my official transcripts to be emailed to me when I requested them for AACOMAS. There were many many differences I had to change before actually submitting, and my transcripts were verified within a week of submitting. All I did was enter every class from every transcript to the letter (5 transcripts from 5 different schools) and it sucked. But it worked, first try. Trust me, this late in the cycle, you do not want AACOMAS sending your app back to you for corrections, putting you another week to a month behind.