entering math classes on aadsas? /// computer classes = science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organichemistry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when entering the coursework on the aadsas application, let's say i want to enter a class that is BCPM, but NOT BCP or science (i.e. calculus).

do i enter it as NON BCP and NON Science? If so... it seems like it won't get calculated in the BCPM GPA. Am I wrong?

also, do computer classes get lumped in with "other science"?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the only option are BCP, Other Science, or Non-Science, I didn't know they have BCPM option for you to choose. In addition, would you say microbiology go into BCP or Other Science? Does Math count as science courses?

Last thing is, one of the class I took at college is 200 level but then when transfer to university, it's a 300 level class. So should I put it in as lower division or upper division. Thanks all.

Dr. LN said:
I thought the only option are BCP, Other Science, or Non-Science, I didn't know they have BCPM option for you to choose. In addition, would you say microbiology go into BCP or Other Science? Does Math count as science courses?

That is my point. I thought BCPM mattered. Is it just BCP?

Dr. LN said:
Last thing is, one of the class I took at college is 200 level but then when transfer to university, it's a 300 level class. So should I put it in as lower division or upper division. Thanks all.

I would say upper division.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can put upper division, but they'll probably change it to lower.

math is a science
and the only 3 options are bcp, other science, and non-science.

I think that just your BCP matters. There is a section for Math but I believe that it goes under the Science section so after your GPA's are calculated you have 7:
Bio-
Chem-
Physics-
BCP-
Sciences-
Non-Sciences-
Overall-

And for Dr. LN microbio goes under Biology/Zoology section so it will be under your BCP.

So all the math (including lower division: very basic math) is included in the science. That will hurt me b/c I got a C in Calculus...

thank guys for helping me out.

BCP: practically every course with a biology, chemistry, or physics prefix..... doesn't matter if its bio 1 or upper level evolution

Other Science: Math and any natural science not included in your BCP (i.e. geology, astronomy), DOES NOT include social sciences (i.e. psych, economics)

Non-Science: Any course not in BCP or Other Science

I hope this clears up any confusion.

WS

whiskeysour said:
BCP: practically every course with a biology, chemistry, or physics prefix..... doesn't matter if its bio 1 or upper level evolution

Other Science: Math and any natural science not included in your BCP (i.e. geology, astronomy), DOES NOT include social sciences (i.e. psych, economics)

Non-Science: Any course not in BCP or Other Science

I hope this clears up any confusion.

WS

I took a course titled Biopsychology. It was offered by the psychology department, but was heavy on the biology. According to the AADSAS website, "A student may take an upper-level psychology course such as "The Physiology of the Brain" that is heavily based in the biological sciences; that course can be counted as a BCP course, even though it was offered through the Department of Psychology, a "Non Science" department." This is a similar scenario I am in. What do you guys think I should do? I currently put it as other science because it was scientific, but not in the bio dept.

EmanUT said:
I took a course titled Biopsychology. It was offered by the psychology department, but was heavy on the biology. According to the AADSAS website, "A student may take an upper-level psychology course such as "The Physiology of the Brain" that is heavily based in the biological sciences; that course can be counted as a BCP course, even though it was offered through the Department of Psychology, a "Non Science" department." This is a similar scenario I am in. What do you guys think I should do? I currently put it as other science because it was scientific, but not in the bio dept.

i would put it in as bio, and if they don' like it they'll change it.

computer science not equal to science!