Entering Medical Dosimetry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GIV

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good afternoon, I am a recent graduate from a Radiologic Technologist program from The University of Puerto Rico and I am interested in the field of medical dosimetry. I understand that many dosimetrists were radiation therapists(RT) beforehand, but as someone entering the field in the near future, what is the stance on entering the area of dosimetry without being a RT?

Do I need to have a RT degree and working experience as an RT to be considered for a dosimetry position? Or can I study dosimetry directly and still have good chances in the field?

Thank you