Entering medical school single- should i be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do most people enter medical school already in relationships or married? Is it hard to find a mate in medical school?
I have never had a significant other in the past and am a virgin :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hahah good luck with that

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering when you'd be back

Anyone else got a kick out of how s/he referred to it as a 'mate'? Some quality trolling right here

Do most people enter medical school already in relationships or married? Is it hard to find a mate in medical school?
I have never had a significant other in the past and am a virgin :/

there's a shocker.

You have access to ponies, no?...

Are you all chastizing me for keeping my virginity for 21 years?
I am serious, can someone offer a good answer?
I am not too bad looking, i have dark green forest colored eyes, black hair, 38D, and am in athletic shape. how come i have trouble finding mates?

url

You have quite a posting history.

First you started with this:

for those of you in relationships it must be at least easier to know that you don't have this endovour of finding a mate first. i am terrified, when will i have time to date? i havent dated in 2 years...i cant say i am that ugly. wat am i doing wrong?

then went to this...

Have any of you undergrads ever dated an attending or resident? If so, how was it?

and now you've never dated at all? The plot thickens.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am aware that you are joking, but I am sure there are several ppl out there who take this question seriously but cannot post questions due to embarrassment.

To those ppl, I know this one guy, and he met his girl friend who is an undergrad at his research lab. She was such a cutie and I was hitting on her while having lunch and found this out. She was talking about how smart he is, how great he is and etc. She was not only good looking which instigated me to hit on her but also a super nice girl.

If your school is located near pharm and nursing schools, you can meet many pharmacy and nursing girls who love to date med students. They need to study a lot as well, so it's definitely possible to spend a lot of time with them. And trust me, they are hot. :thumbup:

I am aware that you are joking, but I am sure there are several ppl out there who take this question seriously but cannot post questions due to embarrassment.

To those ppl, I know this one guy, and he met his girl friend who is an undergrad at his research lab. She was such a cutie and I was hitting on her while having lunch and found this out. She was talking about how smart he is, how lovely he is and etc. She seemed to be not only good looking which instigated me to hit on her but also a super nice girl.

If your school is located near pharm and nursing schools, you can meet many pharmacy and nursing girls who love to date med students. They need to study a lot as well, so it's definitely possible to spend a lot of time with them. And trust me, they are hot. :thumbup:

Yeah, I don't know if this thread is a joke but in addition to what was just posted, there are definitely onna be single people in medical school, and people who come in with relationships that don't work out... In fact, I've heard a lot of long distance relationships can't work with the time commitment.. so you will have plenty of opportunities to find your 'mate,' but if you want my advice you will stop calling it that...

You have access to ponies, no?...

Someone needed to go there, lol.

In all seriousness, of course it will be hard to start and maintain a relationship in med school. If you're accepted for 2015 there's still some time left before all of your free time is unmercifully crushed under a pile of biochemistry and anatomy textbooks (or something to that effect). So yeah, get busy while you can.

I am a female, so nursing students are out of the question. ARe there a lot of single male students in med school?

I am not too bad looking, i have dark green forest colored eyes, black hair, 38D, and am in athletic shape. how come i have trouble finding mates?

I have a feeling OP isn't into the ladies:p

muffioniv ---> banned ..... protagonistic ----> banned... Ponybreeder ----> for goodness sake, please, just do it already!

So are these girls crazy competitive like the pre-meds I know? Because then I don't think it will work.

I am a female, so nursing students are out of the question. ARe there a lot of single male students in med school?

I would think many are single coming in. I think that once a lot of people attend med school and see all these other people in serious relationships, and they start wondering when else would be a good time to date (residency? fellowship?), THEN they decide to actively seek out stable, long-term relationships. So start early I guess :thumbup:

I guess then you would be in an intense competition due to your narrowed spectrum since the average attractiveness of pharm and nursing girls are far superior to med girls unless you are an outlier.

There are plenty of male nurses. Male ER nurses are the hotties. Just think about it.

How good do i need to look to find a mate in med school?
I am green eyed, black hair, 38D, in top shape.

You already said that.

But take it from me, nerds like girls who are approachable and fun. They are used to being rejected from or afraid to talk to pretty girls, so start by befriending them. They will soon fall in love with you. Works every time.

I am green eyed,black hair, 38D, in top shape.

You better do something about those green eyes of yours. If there's one thing med students can't stand about women its green eyes. Id recommend contacts or better yet eye replacement surgery. Replace your eyes with sheep eyes and you will have guys literally tearing their eyes out to be with you.

The rest is good though. :thumbup:

Seriously jokes aside: Your a woman. All you have to do is to be hot and guys will naturally flock to you. Its harder for us since we gotta do the work - initially at least :rolleyes:

i am going to bed. post your naked pic by tomorrow morning.

LOL I think you would know how good you look if you didn't have to blindly ask on a pre-med form...

But if you're really in top shape and 38D and not fallin forward, then props to you! :thumbup:

Based on your description, I'd say this dance should work just fine.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRBLmogRL4c[/YOUTUBE]

muffioniv ---> banned ..... protagonistic ----> banned... Ponybreeder ----> for goodness sake, please, just do it already!

Protagonistic was banned?! :eek:

That is the end of an era here at sdn :(