General Admissions & OTCAS entering prerequisites - OTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhTeaa

Reaction score
Hi! I am entering my prerequisites into OTCAS's Program materials section and was wondering if anyone knows whether we include all attempts at the class. I retook a class but I'm not sure if I should include both because it affects the overall grade that is displayed. I did indicate that it is a repeated course when I finalized the transcript entries but it doesn't seem to show that when I attach it to the prereq.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @OhTeaa honestly there is a lot of grey area with that. It's expensive but I paid for otcas transcript entry out of fear that I would do it incorrectly.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a ton of information on the OTCAS website. You can refer specifically to this page: Transcript Entry and check out the section for Repeated Classes. You should enter each and every class exactly how it is on your transcript and if I'm remembering correctly, when you finalize it, you can select any class that was a repeat. When attaching prerequisites to your application, you can ask the school if they want both grades or just one of the other. When attaching classes to the application, you should also be able to see the grade received in the course so you should be able to tell which one was the original and which was the retake. Hope this helps! You can also call the OTCAS help line or chat with live support, both are helpful!