Envelopes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PashaJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the quest of torturing myself a little more, I was wondering is there a difference between rejection letters and acceptance letters? I remember during high school the difference was that acceptance letters came in large envelopes with a packet in a folder while rejection letters came in just a simple envelope.

Members don't see this ad.

I know for a fact that UCSF loves sending out acceptance letter in small envelope...Just to fool people around. May be they try to save some trees, who knows?
Yeah, this year xmas is gonna be early for us..:clap: :clap: :clap:
T

I heard from someone in my interview group that if you are accepted, the mail is sent via "certified mail."
If rejected--it's just regular mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Cusp,
If you don't mind answering, which schools were you accepted to?

Just curious which schools send normal letters. Could tell from the outside if you were accepted?

I heard ucla is registered mail!!!!

I'm sure you are all smart people. Open the fricken letter!!!! It's not like it's a christmas present or something.

p1:What is it?
p2:It's a box
p1:Well, what kind of box?
p2:It's sort of small, and squarish.
p1:Hmm, what color?
p2:I would say bone.
p1:Right, what does it sound like if you shake it?
p2:It sounds like broken glass.
p1:I wonder whats in the box.
p2:If only there was some way of discovering what exactly is in this box.
p1: yeah, like some sort of x-ray device.

me: open the fricken box you ******ed fools. (snatching box from p2's hand). It's a goddamn glass you *****s!!!! *@*##. I tell ya, if i dind't know you had a 4.0 average I'd handcuff you to a radiator and beat you with a freakin curtain rod.

Note from the producers of this scenerio: Nobody was hurt during the making of said scenerio.

Rampart

NYU - small envelope (1 page)
BU - big envelope

NOVA's acceptance letter came in a big envelope and was certified (you have to sign for it).

DesiDentist

Congrats on Nova acceptance, desi. May be we'll end up being classmate:p Will you vote for me?
T

Hi Tink,

Thanks for the congrats. Think positive. NOVA is an awesome school, indeed. If there was one "IPO" of dental schools that will be one of the best in the nation soon...THIS IS IT!!!

The mentality of that school is probably the most positive I have seen. Trust you me, I went to schools and scrutinized every single aspect. NOVA really impressed me and I am sure it will impress anyone who goes there.

Don't rule this school out. You will be happy you went.

DesiDentist

Desi, I don't rule any school out. Just that school rules me out. I tend to collect enough acceptances this year (12 schools that I apply to). Will see how it goes. I'll call all the schools Monday morning. See where is my file(hopefully not in the rejection). Have to wait for Nova though. Su-Ann is out of the office until Tues. Weekend is not good sometimes.
T