Epidermal Inclusion Cyst | Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MedicineNoob

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, let me say thank you for taking the time to help me with my concern I GREATLY appreciate it!

I have just visited my dermatologist about a bump on the right side of my face, just right of my eyebrow.

Let me give you some general info to help you out, if you have any questions or need more information regarding this situation please request it and I would love to give you the information you need to further help.

I can post pictures if requested

This "bump" has been there for quite a while now so I decided to ask him a few questions about it. He said that it is likely epidermal inclusion cyst. He stated that it "anything is possible" but it will likely never go away on it's own. I was curious about this as I have read somewhere online that these would go away after time.

If it is possible that this will go away over time, what are the proper steps I should take to expedite this process? Is it possible that the diagnosis of the bump was inaccurate? I could post a picture if it would help.

If this will truly not go away on it's own what are my options for removing it with the least possible scaring/damage to the skin. I know it may seem foolish to worry about such simple things but the placement of this bump is very noticeable and I try to not face people on that side, so just getting rid of this thing would be the biggest relief.

He had given me some sort of steroid injection for a large pimple that had developed on my chin, but said that the cyst was considered cosmetic.

So if it won't go away on it's own with any sort of routines/methods what are the best/safest ways to get rid of this?

Would a cortisol injection work? That seems like it would be the least long term damaging.

If I were to have to have it removed by "cutting it out" how would I go about finding the best doctor in my area to perform this with the least amount of scaring. Will it even scar? If it does how much scarring should I expect? Is it possible to remove scarring?

I have read about multiple methods of removing cysts, which do you think is the safest? Possibly laser?

I know this may seem like a barrage of questions, but I really just want to know more about this as it is causing me much trouble and I would like to get it removed.

I deeply appreciate all of the help and thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously, read the stickies.

No medical advice here.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go see your doctor.

Locked.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.