epidermal mucous metaplasia

Started by shecanfly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shecanfly

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody,

I'm an undergrad currently working on a Power Point project that I will present to my academic peers and professor on the histological effects of tretinoin on the skin. As a long term on-and-off user of Retin-A, I was a tad bit distressed when my professor informed me of published literature which suggests that tretinoin can have detrimental effects on the integumentary system. Whaaaaaat? 😱 Say it isn't so!

Anyhow, the point of this thread is that while I have some journal articles in my possession (more abstracts than articles) that describe vitamin-a induced mucous metaplasia in chick skin and pig skin, I have not come across one personal anecdotal experience. Has anybody ever witnessed a case or even heard of a case of this phenomenon? I would appreciate any feedback! tia

eta: I just noticed that a couple of "project" threads were deleted for violations? I hope mine doesn't violate! All I really want to know is if anybody has seen or heard of this being presented in a clinical setting. Do you think this is just histological "hype?" A board search yielded nada.