Epidural Space intact?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timeoutofmind

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like her epidural space should be intact after this Harrington Rod type procedure she had as a teenager, correct? There really is no decompression/lami type element to the procedure it appears...

Would you put a needle in there for SCS or ESI?

upload_2018-6-26_11-2-22.png

upload_2018-6-26_11-2-48.png

Members don't see this ad.

Epidural space likely intact, but you never know for sure. if ESI do TFESI. If SCS enter below hardware and gently try to advance leads.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like her epidural space should be intact after this Harrington Rod type procedure she had as a teenager, correct? There really is no decompression/lami type element to the procedure it appears...

Would you put a needle in there for SCS or ESI?

View attachment 236168

View attachment 236169
Thread catheter at lower interspace or caudal catheter and run some contrast to confirm?

Epidurogram with catheter to assess feasibility, but I'm still not sure what the pain pattern here is.

With the harrington rods, I think the issue is more the lamina hooks or wires causing scarring, making it hard to drive, and taking up space, but her setup doesn't look like it has any significant hooks above T11.

Epidurogram with catheter to assess feasibility, but I'm still not sure what the pain pattern here is.

With the harrington rods, I think the issue is more the lamina hooks or wires causing scarring, making it hard to drive, and taking up space, but her setup doesn't look like it has any significant hooks above T11.
What I was looking for, thanks!