Epilepsy Boards this week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailor jerry

Temple Burn
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question on epilepsy boards:
Im studying for the epilepsy boards, (ABPN) grandfather style
what books or review sources are you guys using?
I took the GWU course last october, and I have been reviewing the lectures ( audio + slides) and silabus,
and the Wyllie epilepsy book and questions, and the Hospital PhysicianEpilepsy Review Manual chapters and questions,
and the Pradeep Modur epilepsy board review,
and AES review questions,
and Engel board quick review.
Any feedback?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sailor jerry, I am assuming you have already taken the boards. For what it's worth, I took the boards this October and recall it being pretty straight forward. That was the general consensus of everyone I knew who took it as well. And none of us completed a formal epilepsy fellowship, clinical neurophysiology sufficed.

I used the GWU home study course as well. While I felt it was an excellent intro into epilepsy 101, I can't say I learned anything new. I did enjoy working through the epilepsy board review question book (Modur) and felt it was "somewhat" helpful. Overall, I feel like this test is still in its infancy and there isn't one resource at the moment you can fully bank on yet. To those yet to take the epilepsy boards, I recommend following the ABPN blue print with a solid epilepsy textbook.

Anyway, the ABPN website now says "pending release of grades" so I guess we will know the results soon. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Results are in.
Certified!
Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Freelow!
thanks for your feedback and for chiming in.
Congrats on pasing the boards.
I got my email notice yesterday, and I too passed!
superexited!
now I can join the camp of the C-MOC complainers...
(before I had lifer certification in
CHI-N)
ok man
enjoy your certificationness