Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would think some of this below would apply regarding changing your study habits, addressing anxiety, etc. If you don’t think Prepjet was effective, you might look to get some audio or used materials at a discount from another company. If you know the material well and it’s just anxiety, that would be your focus.Hi everyone,
I have been scouring this thread for help and support as I study for the EPPP. Very thankful for the information others have shared! I am using hand me down psychprep materials and my latest scores on the practice exams are in the 60-70 range. I've been studying for about two months consistently. I still have a few practice exams to take, but thought since I was scoring in this range that I should go ahead and take the PEPPO to assess readiness. I took the PEPPO this week and failed. Has anyone else encountered this? I have a game plan of reviewing materials that I felt unsure of on the test and finishing my practice tests + reviewing incorrect answers. I also recently got a hold of psychprep audio and plan to focus on my weaker areas. Any advice or tips? Failing the PEPPO freaked me out and now I feel like my psychprep scores may just be flukes.
Thanks!
1.You could take handwritten notes on your currently-owned practice materials, or change something up in your practice routine to help with encoding/storage/recall. I don't know that changing your materials should make that much of a difference in this case given how comprehensive they are. The only thing I think you'd need practically-speaking is a few more practice tests to solidify your review of topics you struggled with. How you study is just as important as what you study--do you read passively, then listen to audio, then take a practice test at regular intervals? Do you take notes on the material you read or listen to?
2. How many total hours of study time did you allow yourself and during what time period? I studied ~90 hours in 2-3 months to keep the material fresh, but some folks in here range from around 20-200 hours depending on comfort level/confidence, time available to study, how long it's been since they graduated, etc. I stopped at 90 because that's when I completed a full run-through of all of my materials, and my confidence overtook my anxiety about taking the test at that point, so I was sick of studying. That threshold will vary by individual.
3. If you passed the PEPPO, this could be a sign of anxiety impairing your performance a bit (maybe just enough to pull you under the passing score?). What might be more relevant for you is to work on replicating the exam setting as much as possible and using relaxation skills during practice tests and reviewing test-taking strategies, perhaps? Several folks in here who mentioned that they failed were doing fine in terms of studying and practice test scores but then something happened at the EPPP-taking stage.
Best of luck to you!