EPPP Timeline & SPE (CA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Imaginearias

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN peers 🙂

I am newly graduated and plotting out my licensing timeline and could really use the wisdom/insight from those of you who have survived, I mean already achieved this goal!

1) Is it possible to take the EPPP at the beginning of postdoc? (and would you recommend this?)
-I was given conflicting advice but more people encouraged me to take the test as soon as possible so I put in my request and am waiting for approval.
2)***Is there a deadline on when you must accrue SPE after taking the EPPP?
I recently heard that (in California) you only have 1 year to accrue any remaining hours after you pass the EPPP but I was not able to find anything on BOP or other sites regarding this. This would impact my tentative plan as I am in an informal post-doc so it may take a few extra months to reach the 1500 hours.

Has anyone else heard this? (I will be contacting the board as well but with the 60 day time to respond to e-mails I thought this would be a better source of information!)

Thank you in advance 😉