Equilibrium constant confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeethRCool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting confused with K (equilibrium constant). In #74 of DAT Destroyer, the concentrations of products changes yet there is no change in Ksp. However, in #21 of DAT Destroyer, the concentrations change and you get a change in K. Im confused..I thought K only changes if there is a change in temperature yet in problem 21, there is no change in temperature yet there is a change in K. I thought K can also change if you change the concentrations of reactants/products according to Le Chatlier's prinicple. So what can change K? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

i beleive K does not change with concentrations..but Q does.. Q= [AB]/[A] sort of thing..if Q is less than K then u have more reactants than at equilibrium and non saturated solution...and if Q is more than K you have then you have a supersaturated solution...something like that...i could be totatly wrong though

I'm getting confused with K (equilibrium constant). In #74 of DAT Destroyer, the concentrations of products changes yet there is no change in Ksp. However, in #21 of DAT Destroyer, the concentrations change and you get a change in K. Im confused..I thought K only changes if there is a change in temperature yet in problem 21, there is no change in temperature yet there is a change in K. I thought K can also change if you change the concentrations of reactants/products according to Le Chatlier's prinicple. So what can change K? Thanks so much!

I dont have the questions on me, but did you make sure the changed concentrations were in the aqeous or gaseous state? if its in a liquid of solid state it doesnt affect the Ksp.