Equine surgery residencies in private practice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kangaroooo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there are any other private practices that offer equine surgery residencies besides Peterson and Smith in FL? I tried google, didn't help much. Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Besides conducting a good old-fashioned Boolean search (i.e., you're going to have to build a keyword +/- string and *still* wade through the detritus but from what I saw briefly several are listed), private hospitals/clinics offering internships will sometimes offer a residency or two. Usually to a current intern if they "fit" but not every intern fits or goes on to accept an offered residency. Doesn't take anything but time to sift through the internships listed on AAEP to identify those practices and then cold-contact them regarding what the odds are of someone entering their program as a resident.

http://www.aaep.org/avenues_result....e=&deadline=&type=INTERNSHIP&btnSearch=SEARCH

I know Equine Medical Center of Ocala and Ferguson and Hammock Equine take interns not sure about residents. Peterson and Smith is great btw! I did a semester there as an undergrad working student and it's a great clinic!