ER Tech Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

retrofusion720

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, have anyone got hired as an ER technician job after recently certified as an EMT? If so, how were you able to get in without any experience?

Members don't see this ad.

To piggyback off this thread -- Does anyone know what the process of going from CNA/PCT to and ED tech is? Or being transferred to the ER?

Hello everyone, have anyone got hired as an ER technician job after recently certified as an EMT? If so, how were you able to get in without any experience?

I got hired in August of 2019 after graduating from an EMT program. 2 things helped me. 1 I was/am a decent interviewer who knows how to read people enough to adjust my answers to the audience. and 2. I was prior military. the people that we have hired without any experience are usually volunteers first or just have a solid look on paper.

To piggyback off this thread -- Does anyone know what the process of going from CNA/PCT to and ED tech is? Or being transferred to the ER?

so some ERs will allow CNA to be ER Techs but it seems like they are dwindling in size. having a phlebotomy cert will help with that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rural areas are more likely to hire you than metro areas, but you got an uphill battle ahead of you

Reactions: 1 user
Also look into EKG tech jobs. As above poster said look away from trauma centers and stuff. Either way you will learn a lot and starting at a rural or low income hospital will ease you into healthcare better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Also look into EKG tech jobs. As above poster said look away from trauma centers and stuff. Either way you will learn a lot and starting at a rural or low income hospital will ease you into healthcare better

Would you need an certification for EKG in order to be part of EKG tech job?

Would you need an certification for EKG in order to be part of EKG tech job?

Yea usually have to be a cna with a telemetry class but night shift telemetry at a small hospital would be the best time to study ever

Reactions: 1 user