ERAS - ADTS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ricardos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently, I glanced at my ADTS in ERAS and I saw that my personal statement and myERAS application - under 'last updated' have N/A, while the others have a date. I was wondering why the date switched to N/A, while it showed an actual date before. Any clues?
My other stuff, LORs, Photo, etc.. all have a 'last updated' date.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Have you recently applied to additional programs that have yet to download your app?

Recently, I glanced at my ADTS in ERAS and I saw that my personal statement and myERAS application - under 'last updated' have N/A, while the others have a date. I was wondering why the date switched to N/A, while it showed an actual date before. Any clues?
Thanks

I think it's because those parts of your application cannot be updated once they're in. But I could be wrong. Mine says the same thing.

Your MyEras App and personal statement cannot be updated. The other components can be edited or resubmitted and therefore it's useful to see when the updated version is available in the PostOffice.

Personal statements can be updated at any time.

I have no good explanation -- best to call ERAS if you're really worried but I expect there isn't anything to worry about here.

Personal statements can be updated at any time.

I have no good explanation -- best to call ERAS if you're really worried but I expect there isn't anything to worry about here.

I was under the impression that you could upload a new personal statement or re-assign one, but not edit. When I look at my personal statement on ERAS there seems to be no way to edit it, only the option to make a new one or modify assignments.

If this is in fact true, any updates would have to be in the form of a new personal statement. Therefore, it would be uploaded to the Post Office as a separate item and not an update on your previous personal statement.

Yes, and no.

Yes, you can't really "edit" your PS. You can change a word (or letter), and then upload it as a new one.

Because ERAS only allows one PS per application, when you upload a new one the old one is discarded.

If I've printed out your application, I would have the old PS to compare to the new PS. Else, I won't and I can't see the old one.

Thanks
After reading this post, I got paranoid and I checked my ADTS, and I see the same thing.

Planning to call ERAS and inquire about this.

After reading this post, I got paranoid and I checked my ADTS, and I see the same thing.

Planning to call ERAS and inquire about this.

Guys, I really wouldn't worry about this, since everyone seems to be getting the same thing (myself included). And I've done fine so far, as far as interviews go.

Yup, called ERAS and they basically said:

Your MyEras App and personal statement cannot be updated. The other components can be edited or resubmitted and therefore it's useful to see when the updated version is available in the PostOffice.