ERAS data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neilc

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
check this link out, on the right side of the page for a comparison of ERAS applications over the years.

http://www.aamc.org/programs/eras/programs/statistics/start.htm

miklos posted it in another forum, thought it would be intersting to many on SDN as well. looks like apps are up in some fields. ob/gyn is up 10%, which seemed to be the consensus in the interview trail.

in general, about 2500 more applicants. yikes!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks neil - for certain specialties that go unfilled, how come there is a disportionate amount of applicants applying that don't fill those positions? LIke for psych - 3180 applicants with 1,206 spots - how can they not fill then?

Poety said:
Thanks neil - for certain specialties that go unfilled, how come there is a disportionate amount of applicants applying that don't fill those positions? LIke for psych - 3180 applicants with 1,206 spots - how can they not fill then?

Yes that's very confusing. EM,which has more slots and fills at a higher rate, had fewer applicants listed! I think it has to do with the IMGs. They were 2/3 of the Psych applicants, almost 1/2 of the IM applicants and about 1/3 of the EM applicants.

Are the IMGs filling outside the match, after the match and applying to more than one specialty?

+pad+ script: Nice new avatar, but I still vote for another cute baby picture. :)

arggghhhh fine fine, Im returning the baby - no one likes my banging head computer or computer freak? :mad:

gotchya! I have my "other" baby on here now hehe :)