1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

ERAS data

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by neilc, Dec 20, 2005.

1. neilc

neilc 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

check this link out, on the right side of the page for a comparison of ERAS applications over the years.

http://www.aamc.org/programs/eras/programs/statistics/start.htm

miklos posted it in another forum, thought it would be intersting to many on SDN as well. looks like apps are up in some fields. ob/gyn is up 10%, which seemed to be the consensus in the interview trail.

in general, about 2500 more applicants. yikes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks neil - for certain specialties that go unfilled, how come there is a disportionate amount of applicants applying that don't fill those positions? LIke for psych - 3180 applicants with 1,206 spots - how can they not fill then?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BKN

BKN Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes that's very confusing. EM,which has more slots and fills at a higher rate, had fewer applicants listed! I think it has to do with the IMGs. They were 2/3 of the Psych applicants, almost 1/2 of the IM applicants and about 1/3 of the EM applicants.

Are the IMGs filling outside the match, after the match and applying to more than one specialty?

+pad+ script: Nice new avatar, but I still vote for another cute baby picture. :)

4. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    arggghhhh fine fine, Im returning the baby - no one likes my banging head computer or computer freak? :mad:

gotchya! I have my "other" baby on here now hehe :)