ERAS Essay Word Count

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ukdoc74

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So ERAS states that one cannot exceed 28,000 characters (including white space).

Approximately how many words is 28,000 characters w/white space.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ukdoc74 said:
So ERAS states that one cannot exceed 28,000 characters (including white space).

Thanks

of one of the sample ps from my school, the word count was 900 and character count was 5000 and one page. This makes the max for eras about 6 pages single spaced.

but don't write a 6 page single spaced ps. nobody program director would read it, even if you won a Pulitzer or something.

FYI there is a feature on Microsoft word that will give you a word and character count, that may help

ukdoc74 said:

Thanks

Did someone mention personal statements?? ICK!! Puke!! Blah!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I don't know about 6 pages...my school was insistent that we get our PS down to one single spaced courier 10pt font page

and boy how I loved summing up my entire life's goals into one page...I just might write another personal statement about how much I hate personal statements....but I'm sure I couldn't fit it onto one single spaced courier 10 pt font page