ERAS Experiences Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The kitchen sink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the Reason for Leaving portion:

is it acceptable to omit this section completely? I don't understand why we have to put this... I am leaving all mine blank... is this okay?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear the some ppl leave this blank or put something simple like ' project completed'....at least u hv 9 presentable experiences, my experience section is still Blank!! I'm debating....

1) I participated in my med school club fundraising 3 times, each time was only 1 day( but there were preparation a couple of weeks prior to the events) Should I put this in the volunteer experience?

2) I did a 2 month summer job in UG, nothing 'big deal' happened during, should I put this in the work experience? ( this is my ONLY paid job experience !!)

someone plz help

I hear the some ppl leave this blank or put something simple like ' project completed'....at least u hv 9 presentable experiences, my experience section is still Blank!! I'm debating....

1) I participated in my med school club fundraising 3 times, each time was only 1 day( but there were preparation a couple of weeks prior to the events) Should I put this in the volunteer experience?

2) I did a 2 month summer job in UG, nothing 'big deal' happened during, should I put this in the work experience? ( this is my ONLY paid job experience !!)

someone plz help

dont worry i only have 6 experiences in total

just put what u have and be able to explain on interviews

It's an optional section, so I think it can be left blank. It would write an explanation only if it was something that will obviously draw questions as to why you left (for example dropping a PhD or switching labs or having won a Rhodes scholarship but failing to complete a masters due to illness, etc.).

You might want aPD's input, though.